Thread: Looking for a "grab bag"

Looking for a "grab bag"

Hey everyone! I am looking for a "grab bag" of smaller domestic and/or exotic turning stock. Let me explain...

I dabble in making duck and goose calls. My primary purpose is two-fold. Mainly just for fun but I also make a few sets for our local Ducks Unlimited chapter for our annual banquet. Each year I make a "limited edition" set that is different from the previous year. As I am working out my design I usually end up with some "protoytpes" that I sell or give away. These prototypes are a chance for me to try different woods or different combinations of woods. I don't have a local supplier that sells exotic woods so end up going the mail-order route or traveling a considerable distance to get my stock.

I am wondering if someone out there has a bunch of "cut-offs" they would like to get rid of. I would need pieces that are approx. 1 1/4 X 1 1/4 X 2 (or larger) for the stopper end of the call and/or pieces 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 x 4 (or larger) for the barrel of the call.

I am not looking for "freebies" here. I would be happy to pay you fair price for your stuff. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

You might check with constantines. They used to sell a selection of turning blanks for a few bucks. Steve
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Royce

Where are you located, May be able to help out and buy some shorts and mail them to you.

Dave

I am located in Harrisburg, SD. Quite a distance from you, I see. Don't go to too much trouble on my account. If you have easy access to shorts that would be wonderful but don't put yourself out too much. I'm mainly looking for a nice supply of odds and ends and thought I could help someone out by taking some off their hands. Thanks.

WoodCraft sells grab boxes of wood. They have 3 versions. I purchased several of them and was quite pleased with the variety.

Not affiliated with www.woodcraft.com