Thread: A positive online ordering experience

A positive online ordering experience

Too often I tend to be quite generous with my complaints of companies and their service or lack there of but not so generous with expressing gratitude to those deserving.

I would like to offer my gratitude to a company I recently ordered from and that is Wood N Whimsies. One of my biggest gripes with online companies is their absurd charges for shipping; I will often pay more from another vender who has higher prices for an item but reasonable s & h fees.

I placed an order with Wood N Whimsies that came to a little more than $100.00 and was quoted $10 and a few cents for shipping. The order was shipped promptly and I received a notice that a credit of $5 and some cents had been issued because shipping was less than quoted, it was a first for me and I was impressed.

Then I received a Holdfast vacuum system from them Saturday that had a problem. I called Jim yesterday and explained my dilemma. He said that he would call the company about it but it would probably be a couple of hours or so before I heard from him. Well, about 20 minutes later, I received a phone call from John, the tech support person for Holdfast. Extremely helpful and walked me through the problem and it was resolved in about 20 minutes. Great, however, what surprised me was a couple of hours later, Jim from Wood N Whimsies called to make sure that my problem had been resolved to my satisfaction, now I am really impressed. A shipping adjustment was also made on this order.

So, based upon the two experiences I have had with Wood N Whimsies, I would highly recommend them. Fantastic service and their prices are very competitive.

http://www.woodnwhimsies.com/hobbyline.html

Ted:

I have ordered a number of times from them and all transactions have been positive. The ship promptly and like you said at reasonable prices. They are a distributor of PSI Products and can get almost pen kit PSI carries, usually at a lower price than PSI. I had a bad kit and they promptly shipped a replacement.

I will order again from them.

Good to know, they have great prices and I've been considering purchasing from there.
    Thanks for the review/recommendation.

I have ordered quite a bit from them and have been happy. I have also recommended them to others.

That's good to hear.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thanks Ted. Always on the look out for good places to deal with and these folks sound like they really want repeat business. Added it to my favorites and will check it out more when time permits. Thanks again.

I also have had very good luck with them and also met them once and they are "good" people.

i'm glad to hear people are happy with some on-line shopping experiences. for most of us, this is just a hobby, and given the state of the economy, woodworking can be a big expense - this stuff ain't cheap. like i read somewhere here on the 'creek - 'i can pay retail anywhere - how's your service?'. mike

+1 for Wood-n-Whimsies. Several smaller orders, always shipped promptly and they do their best to estimate shipping. Their web site explains that their shipping estimator is pretty crude and often over estimates. So their policy is to credit back the difference when the items are packed.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Its been a while since I have placed an order from them, but I placed an order earlier this week.

Yet again, very fast shipping and no problems. The package came today.

I actually forgot to include something in my order and they were willing to work with me to get it added after the fact.

So, add another good experience to the list.

11. Woodnwhimsies is typically the only place I will order from if I want anything that PSI manufactures or sells. They can always get a better price point and like others say, have excellent customer service.

Doh!

I just spent the last of my budget on a combo-kit of Micro-Mark sanding sheets from another place. I totally forgot about this thread and the web-site. It won't happen again...