Thread: free wood gloat and a potential new turner

free wood gloat and a potential new turner

I've been turning but haven't posted much lately. I have been reading a lot but I figured I'd post this because its such great news. I was just talking to a friend of mine on facebook who said he'd love to try turning, I was more than happy to teach him of course and during our conversation he mentioned something which will surely change my life. His dad cuts down trees for a living...BINGO, YAHTZEE. I'm not sure how the news could get any better. I have been friends with him for years and didn't know this.

Well, its all arranged, im gonna turn with him on Monday, hes gonna start keeping an eye our for trees being cut down and when he takes home a beautiful bowl that he made, his dad will be floored and insist on giving me all the wood my lathe can handle. It's sure to be a good time. Hopefully I'll take some pictures.

Alex

BTW, one of the questions he asked me before I found out was whether wet wood is ok. I was thrilled when he said that.

Hey, we live pretty close and I'm at rockler on hawthorne all the time, would you be so kind as to sell me the largest slabs you can handle??? depending on the wood of course. And if you don't know much about turning I could show you some things.

Looking forward to the photos! Hope your never-ending supply of fresh wood comes through!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Well I reckon that will keep you out of trouble for a while anyway. Congrat's on your find.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Alex, now that's whats up. Nice gloat. I picked up a bunch the other day with Chris Fletcher
    well depending on the way I would travel, I'm roughly 2,340 miles to 2,529 miles away from the infamous STEVE SCHLUMPF!!!!