Thread: Companion piece to Steve's

Companion piece to Steve's

I was up in the second floor of my shop and forgot that I had turned this a couple weeks ago and put it up there to let the danish oil dry. Well I saw it today and thought I would post it as a companion piece to Steve's HF. It is from the same tree and is just a tall sided bowl with a small bead around the base, it is 4 3/4" tall and 9 5/8" wide with the thickness about 5/16". the center of the tree was getting pretty soft so it is stabilized a lot with thinned down shellac. Not quite as pretty as Steve's HF but it will work.

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Jeff that is a fine looking bowl. Very nice color in the wood.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

nothing wrong with that Jeff, I think it looks pretty darn good
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

that's a great bowl - nice to see two different forms come from the same tree! thanks for showing it to us. mike

That's a nice bowl. I like the design and it would make a great popcorn bowl, but I don't think I could bring myself to use it.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Halter View Post
    That's a nice bowl. I like the design and it would make a great popcorn bowl, but I don't think I could bring myself to use it.

Dave
    Dave, That is always the trouble with making a nice bowl! To use or not to use?

I just sell them and not worry after that!

Thanks,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Really lovely bowl, Jeff! Great lines and the wood is very interesting!
    Great work!

Jeff - great looking bowl! The first photo really showcases the wood! Nice work!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Jeff,
    Good looking bowl. Just love the red color in the wood. Keep up the good work.
    Wayne

Jeff, it looks great. 2nd floor of your shop? I really want to visit Casa de Nicol. just to check it out.
    well depending on the way I would travel, I'm roughly 2,340 miles to 2,529 miles away from the infamous STEVE SCHLUMPF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod McGehee View Post
    Jeff, it looks great. 2nd floor of your shop? I really want to visit Casa de Nicol. just to check it out.
    Jarrod, The invitation is always open! I know you are a very busy young man, but it gives me a great feeling to share may knowledge and abilities with the leaders of tomorrow! Thanks for all your support and WOOD!!

The invitation is open to any Creeker who is passing through, I like to share!

Take care all and thanks for all the kind words!

Jeff