Thread: Thanks from a new member

Thanks from a new member

Just a word of thanks. The wife recently let me update my WW tools, & this site (as well as the WWA) helped me make some of the choices. My only duty for this, is to build new cabinets, & an entertainment center. Other than that, these will only be used for my guitar building. It feels good to be a member.....don

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Welcome Don,
    We have a number of Luthiers on board. We'd love to see your work too.
    Great bunch of folks here
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Welcome aboard bunch of good folks here and lots of good information available. Also you will need to submit pictures of the finished good I especially would love to see the musical instruments you have made or will make in the future.

On the DIY Network they have a show called Handmade Music... Shows a luthier making a guitar and other instruments. It was amazing to see the process.
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Can't post photos yet. The wife is a hobbiest photographer, & doesn't believe in digital. With all of the money invested in her Nikon equipment, I don't believe in it either LOL. I got tired of doing everything by hand, so I got a new TS, BS, & jointer. This should speed things up anyway......don

Don,

Welcome! Scanners are under $100 nowadays! You see, Don, we won't let you get away with NOT posting pics!!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Hey Don:

I agree with your wife. Give me film or that "KOOOdaChrooOOOOmmmme, ...gives me those nice bright colors....gives me those greens of summer...makes all the world a sunny day, oh yea!"
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mioux
    Hey Don:

I agree with your wife. Give me film or that "KOOOdaChrooOOOOmmmme, ...gives me those nice bright colors....gives me those greens of summer...makes all the world a sunny day, oh yea!"
    Boy Joe.......

Are we dating ourselves now or what? I just happen to have that song and still like it today.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Martindale
    Just a word of thanks. The wife recently let me update my WW tools, & this site (as well as the WWA) helped me make some of the choices. My only duty for this, is to build new cabinets, & an entertainment center. Other than that, these will only be used for my guitar building. It feels good to be a member.....don
    Welcome to SMC Don.!!!! Take your shoes off and wade around a spell. Sit up under the shade tree and tell a few stories....I mean experiences.!!!!

What about building me a fretless 30" scale length bass guitar (electric).?
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Hey Dennis:

The good songs are timeless .....

Joe
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Martindale
    Can't post photos yet. The wife is a hobbiest photographer, & doesn't believe in digital. With all of the money invested in her Nikon equipment, I don't believe in it either LOL. I got tired of doing everything by hand, so I got a new TS, BS, & jointer. This should speed things up anyway......don
    I am sure that the majority of the Nikon lenses she has will still work if she moves into a Digital SLR. unfortunately her current flashes will be not fully utilized Rumor has it that Nikon will announce on Sept 16 new DSLRs D2X and a new D200 . Have her check out www.dpreview.com I think she will change her mind about digital after she sees the pics that can be made... besides you can get your pictures posted sooner.
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Welcome to the 'Creek, Don! I would love to see some of your work! Again ......Welcome!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I haven't built a bass yet, though I've repaired many. Last year I got tired of building electrics (though the Tele style I built is still my main guitar to gig with), so I embarked on acoustic building. I started with an archtop, mostly for my jazz playing, but had to put that aside. Now I'm progressing (though slowly) on a Martin '000' style. I'll post with my progress with that, & questions that may come up with the cabinets. I haven't built any cabinets in years, since I helped my dad as a teenager (probably why I went into mechanicals). When I can get some pictures on, I'll go over my new tools......don