Thread: How to clean??

Smile How to clean??

I made a mortar and pestle for LOML's nephew for his use in the kitchen grinding up spices and such and I need to know from you experts how to tell him how to peoperly clean it.

The unit is made out of Maple and finished with 5 coats of Mahoney's Walnut Oil, which was suggested on one of the forums.

I will look forward to all the combined wisdom of the members of this forum.

Thanks, Tim.

Tim - I see you have been flooded with answers...

I have never used Mahoney's Walnut Oil but everything I have read said that you can wash using warm soapy water, rinse and then towel dry. I guess over time the wood will appear to dry out but you can reapply the finish just like you would a butcher block.

I have also read that you can contact Mike directly and ask any question you have regarding any of his products.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Mike is a good guy. I have e-mailed him on several occasions. He told me on my bowls and plates I use to just wash them with warm soapy water, rinse and dry with a paper towel. He said to let them sit out and air dry before putting away. I just applied some more oil to my plates which are walnut by the way and they have been used now for a year and a half 3 or 4 times a week.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I really appreciate it.
    Tim.