Thread: Belt Buckles

Belt Buckles

Does anyone have a good source for engravable belt buckles? I'm looking for different kinds too.....metal, wooded, leather(?).....and I remember seeing a cool one that had a wooden jack knife. Now that I think of it.....belts too.

Thanks!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Steve, if you send me a picture of what you are looking for i would be able to get them made up. Would take appx 6 weeks. We do custom buckles in bulk. Your cost would be $4.00

Tandy Leather

I go through Tandy Leather Factory and they have leather belt buckle kits for approx. $6.00.
    Janet Liddiard
    Rustic Falls
    Epilog 35 Watt Mini 18
    Photograv, CorelDraw X3

Steve

Try contacting Faro-USA. They'll probably make blanks for you. (metal only)
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks Janet & Mike!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Tandy also sell the buckle attachments to fit belts. You can then make your own buckles from Oak,Maple, whatever. Your laser will cut 1/4" oak to a shape, cut two and glue them together for a 1/2" thick buckle, sand it finish it, screw on the buckle attachments, engrave them, sell them.. I get $25.00 for a custom oak buckle.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Belt buckles

Bill,

Would it be to much to ask that you consider posting a photo of one of your buckles? This sounds like a great money making opportunity in the "horse ranch" area that I live in.

Thank you very much in advance.

Dave Garcia
    The Wood Block, Ltd

Yup.. Here you are..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Awesome Bill!

I started doing these right after I got the laser about 5 years ago.. Not a 'big' seller, but I have never really pushed them, and the ones I have sold, have more than paid for all the hardware and extra blanks I made for future custom orders

Belt buckles

Bill,

Outstanding job! Very nice! And yes, this could be a big seller in my area. Sincerely appreciate you sharing this idea with all of us.

Question. Where did you get the hardware?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Garcia
    The Wood Block, Ltd

Tandy; It's posted up above in this thread..
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost...59&postcount=6