Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wild Oats?

Great pieces Maria. I just had to copy them to my favorites folder for easier copying later...Thanks for posting such a fun looking project...Bill..

More Spurtle Info

While traveling in Scotland, we stopped into a Coffee shop for a snack. The man running the shop was also a turner that had a number of Spurtles for sale. He had also take the prize for the best porridge in Scotland for several years. His secret was that when in Sprutle was not being used it is marinating in a bottle of Single Malt Scotch. This is a brilliant idea.

Cheers!
    "The cup of life's for him that drinks, and not for him that sips" - Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Marmon View Post
    His secret was that when in Sprutle was not being used it is marinating in a bottle of Single Malt Scotch. This is a brilliant idea.
    Oh my god, why didn't I think of that?? That's the best idea I've heard in a long time! Now where did I put that single malt?...

Steve, thanks for the comments and the inspiration (not just for this project!), I've already got a commission for a porringer, so we'll see if that's the only one.
    Reed, thanks for the historical info, I never knew why the thistle was particularly revered. That's part of the fun of revisiting the traditional, you always learn something interesting and certainly get an appreciation for how they did it all without mayo or mustard
    Thanks again to everyone, hope you have fun trying them, but watch your knuckles!
    Maria
    A woodchick can chuck wood

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Alvarado View Post
    ! Now where did I put that single malt?...
    LOL, a woodchick I could hang with

Wow those are really nice!! A bowl with a handle, maybe with one of those I could eat cereal in the living room again without spilling it!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.