Thread: Wood blanks

Wood blanks

Has anyone purchased blanks from "GOT WOOD". I need to know if there were any quality issues or any other problems. I am looking for some abrosia maple.

Thanx
    Joe

I haven't purchase any from them, but I have a friend on another forum who uses them fairly often and seems satisfied with their wood and their service.
    Chris

What! There's no coffee!!?

Got Wood

If it's the Got Wood outta South Carolina --they have good wood products --I use it also --their Amb/Maple is very nice also their stained Tup/Poplar --yep their friends of mine -- they OK business

Got wood

I've ordered a dozen or more blanks from them. One could not do better. The blanks were of high quality and waxed very well. They were quick to email me with status and shipping info. I think you will be more then satisfied with them.

I have ordered from them several times in the past and was very happy.

Joe,
    Ditto on what everyone has said. I have never received anything that wasn't as listed or better. Buy with confidence.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

Wood Blanks

Great guys to deal with,usually has a great selection.Shipping was reasonable .NCWOOD is another good source for blanks,I've bought from both of them on several occasions.

Joe,
    I will try to get you a name of a guy who just started working over 7000 acres of family land that is turning out some incredible maple blanks that are burls,quilted,ambrosia,and whatever you need.I live close to him and recently purchased some burled blanks of maple and black cherry and they are gorgeous.He now has a website but I do not know what it is.When he calls me back I will post it if that is OK with the site.
    Greg
    Last edited by Greg Bender; 06-20-2009 at 9:38 PM. Reason: added info

They are great to deal with and their wood is really good. I have bought a lot of blanks from them probably 20 to 30 and never had a bad one.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thanx for the info. Guess I'll give them a shot.

blanks

i have used got wood and nc wood with great service and quality from both another is river ridge sawmill.

11. These guys have excellent wood.

I haven't purchased anything from got wood, but have bought quite a few blanks from Dan Bailey at, roughoutbowls.com. and have always been pleased with his stuff.