Thread: More Carbon Fiber Pens

More Carbon Fiber Pens

A few more carbon fiber pens to show off. Thanks for looking and as always any comments or questions are always welcomed.

John T.

Wow! These look great, especially the finish on them. This may be redundant, but are you using a CA finish, or just alot of fine sanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gastfriend View Post
    Wow! These look great, especially the finish on them. This may be redundant, but are you using a CA finish, or just alot of fine sanding?

Ben

The material is wraped around a pen tube and then cast in clear resin. I then turn it down to size and sand with wet micromesh right up to 12,000 grit. Add a little plastic polish and it is good to go.
    John T.

John those are beauties. Finish looks really good.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Don't know where the edit button is so I will just add this pen to the others here.

John T.

Raised in the US (elementary in Lawrence, graduated in Boulder). Now in Israel.
    Very nice and professional work!

Yellow and black!!

John, The last one, yellow and black is just plain cool! I just had some requests for a nice pen and the carbon fiber may be the way to go! Thanks for sharing and great work as always!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by John Terefenko View Post
    A few more carbon fiber pens to show off. Thanks for looking and as always any comments or questions are always welcomed.
    Hi John; Tell me where the blanks came from. Exoticblanks didn't show those colours.

Awesome pens!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON Canada

It feels really great to sell a pen;
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mack Cameron View Post
    Hi John; Tell me where the blanks came from. Exoticblanks didn't show those colours.

Awesome pens!
    you might wish to contact CAPTN G at the IAP,,I believe he may make these..if not you can get info there on where to get them

Quote Originally Posted by Mack Cameron View Post

Awesome pens!

Mack

As mentioned by the other poster, these are being made by a fella over at the IAP pen turning site by the name of CaptG. I almost put a link to his page but I am not sure I can do that here on this site. If you go to the site and just ask they will point you in the right direction.
    John T.