Thread: Corel question

Corel question

I have Corel 12. A customer has sent me a jpg to engrave. The jpg has a logo and, within the logo, some text. He wants me to take out the existing text and replace it with a different font. Is there a way?
    Thanks

Bob,

If you post the picture of the logo....maybe one of us can help you get this done.

From what is sounds like.... all you need to do is trace the parts of the logo he wants then add the other font.

Hard to tell without seeing your dilemma.
    Phil
    Red Earth D'Signs

Corel 13, Photoshop CS2, Photograv
    Universal Laser v 460 55w
    Epson 4800 Sub-Lim
    Dyna CNC Plasma/Router Table
    Summa Plotters
    2 Crazy CBR pups that rule the shop!

First, the jpg must be good quality and high resolution (say 300 dpi at the required size). Start by saving the jpg as a tif as it will reduce quality degradation due to compression. If the text is "isolated" from the rest of the logo, then you should just be able to paint over the old text in PhotoPaint using the background color. If it is not completely isolated i.e. overlaps the other lines of the logo then you might have some tedious editing to do with a pixel brush.

I'd save the new image with a different filename (save as you work if it is complicated) and then import it into CorelDraw, and do the rest there. Others may have a different approach. In CorelDraw, I would construct the new text, and place in on the tif image (in front).

I would probably convert the text to curves although not mandatory. Then you can laser as-is, or create a new bitmap file by exporting the whole image. Better to stick with tif than jpg if you can.

Probably lots of ways and variations to do this but this is what I'd probably try first.

You probably have to do it in Photo Paint. "Redraw" the parts of the logo where the current text is and put the new font on top of it - or put the new text on it first and redraw the left over surroundings

Who wants to hear the bells must pull the rope
    Wer die Glocken hören will muss am Seil ziehen

Corel Question

Here's the pic. Actually, I need to erase "TECHNICALLY HUMAN." and replace it in Gill sans MT font and make it about 25% larger than now shown. The problem is that when I shrink the logo down, the tag line gets too small and breaks up. Also, a tiny dot pattern not visible on the jpg shows up when engraving, Can I get this out?
    Thanks
    PS I've never tried to attach an image in this forum so, if one doesn't show up, you'll know that I goofed.

Corel Question

Lets try again
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bob,

Post it as a CDR file and give us the finished size of the entire thing and a point size you want the Gill.

p.s.
    The bleed at the edges is not good either. Can the white space be a little larger?
    Last edited by Dave Johnson29; 06-16-2009 at 12:21 PM.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Smile Corel Question

Dave,
    Thanks for ur offer but now it's a moot point. The customer is rethinking the whole thing so I at least learned how to attach a pic in the forum.
    Bob

2311 Loveless Street, Guntersville, AL 35976
    I don't have Gill Sans MT, but maybe you do? See attached v10 CorelDraw.

I used the CorelDraw X3 Trace Bitmap and then added the text as an Arial font. You can further clean up the nodes if you need to.
    Attached Files Attached Files