Thread: Veneering Goof-Up

Veneering Goof-Up

I don't no why I'm posting this other than to say if you're taping up some veneer, be carefull when using your tablesaw & outfeed table. This is what I did this morning - and ruined my day:

6-15-09 006.jpg6-15-09 011.jpg

Without realizing it, while using the outfeed table during tape-up, I put pressure where the routed slot for the tablesaw sled is--and heck--my fingers went right through it and punched quarter-size hole in it.

Oh well!! It takes alot of persaverance to stay in this racket!!

I think that means you need more room.

Not alone Doug - I have done very similar things because of those slots. I also use my outfeed for this sort of thing and those slots always seem to be in the way. I use it for guleups and the foot of my bar clamp ALWAYS seems to find it's way into them. I have thought about covering them with a big piece of MDF or something when doing this sort of thing but that would mean that I would ahve to clean it off.

Stinks what happened to your veneer - sorry to hear that. You should probably be able to patch it using the pieces in the pic. Still stinks though.

Veneer

Like my father inlaw use to say,"don't let that out think you,it don't have a brain"Oh well,coming up with a repair solution is another lesson in woodworking.Wait till you sand through the veneer Post some pics of your project as you go.I do like veneer work,lots of good veneer'ers here---If thats a word?---Carroll

Bummer! Hot tip for next time: Piece of plywood....
    David DeCristoforo

6. whats that pvc thinger, on the table saw?