Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got my Don Pencil PL wheel and compound

got my Don Pencil PL wheel and compound

I received my shipment today, I bought a few PL compounds and Wheel for lacquer/plastic and all I can say is WOW..........let me repeat this.....WOW. I buffed the pieces I posted a while ago and I can't believe how easy it was to get to a perfect finish. I am blown away and in awe of the finish it leaves behind. I have never really buffed out pieces by hand, well once I did and ended up with a satin finish. this PL compound is just leaving it like glass and removes all the little blemishes and spots no matter how good my finish was, it's just simply better now.

so if you ever wonder how you can get a perfect rubbed out lacquer finish, look no further.

unbelievable
    Sascha

Cool!

Sasha,

I'm glad you like your new toy, err, tool. If you can, post some before and after pictures.

I don't think it would shop up different, but it's just smoother to the touch, or silkier i guess, but taking pics of a shiny object is not gonna get any better
    Sascha

Sasha - thanks for the heads up! Been thinking about getting the same PL supplies - figure they may work better on Wipe-On Poly which can be a bear to finish at times!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I also buffed a piece I lacquered 3 years ago and never rubbed out and it got improved so much, I can't even believe it, but most of all, you really can't overload the wheel, that alone makes me happy
    Sascha

I've heard really good reviews about it.Might have to try it out soon. Although Sascha, I'm not sure how much better your finish could get

well, picture all the tiny imperfections gone.........just gone
    Sascha

I like mine also, I rebuffed some lacquer peices, plus I chucked it my drill and used it to buff out a hall table to an amazing finish.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by sascha gast View Post
    well, picture all the tiny imperfections gone.........just gone
    Sascha would think the wax wheel on the beall work with the PL compound? I believe it is the softest wheel. I really don't use the wax wheel because I just haven't had good luck using waxes.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I actually don't know but I guess it should be fine, just drop Don an email, but I actually ordered 5 PL compounds, hehe, simply cause I didn't know if it was a bar or a paste and the price is great.
    i am still amazed, even buffed some NIP pieces I did a long time ago, just awesome
    Sascha

Is the PL compound a solid stick or a liquid?

a stick, little softer than the others, but also a bar-like thingy
    Sascha

Do Don's PL wheels come with the 3/8-16 threaded adapter, or do you have to get that seperately? I can't tell from his site. I'm guessing it is included. Same question for the individual PL bowl buffs -- do they come with the mounting adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Baker View Post
    Do Don's PL wheels come with the 3/8-16 threaded adapter, or do you have to get that seperately? I can't tell from his site. I'm guessing it is included. Same question for the individual PL bowl buffs -- do they come with the mounting adapter?
    Mine came with the threaded adapter already attached to the wheel and to the bowl buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walser View Post
    Mine came with the threaded adapter already attached to the wheel and to the bowl buffs.
    Thanks for the info! That's what I expected, but I wanted to make sure.