Thread: CorelDraw Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CorelDraw Question

I have one of those question, that probably everyone knows except for me . . . If you have several designs laid out on a page, lets say thirty 8 X 10's and you want to change them all to 6 X 7.5, is there a way to change them all at the same time or do you have to do it one at a time?

Any help on this would be so appreicated.
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

Hi Guys;
    Simple- select all and then go to % boxes (lock) at top left and type in 75.0-Voila! (Unlock the vert and horiz and you can change each dimension independently. Have fun
    Best regards;
    George
    LaserArts

If you have the right starting and ending sizes then George's method will work. If you need them to stay in the same place they started then his method won't work. There is a macro out there somewhere that will do what you want, but I don't know where it is... google corel resizing macro and you may find something.

Gary

Resizing

Hi Gang;
    I agree- if you don't know where you are when you start and don't know where you want to end up, then my way won't work- but neither will the Bucholtz-Steinmetz method of Linear Transgressability nor any other method!
    Best regards;
    George
    LaserArts

VB Macro

I don't know if this will work for you or not...

I found a resizing Macro (neglected to write down author's name for proper credit)

I reworked it a little so that the edit boxes would accept input. (didn't originally - only the scroll bars)

It's delicate - not much range/error checking. (none originally)

seems to work best if the objects to be transformed are grouped.

Test It before you rely on it! If it might work for you then I'll work on it so it will be more robust.
    _________
    Best of luck - Steve Willis
    (I'll try to find the original post so I can give credit where it's due.)

The original author is: Manuel Rivas - The link to the original script is on a forum at Corel Draw.
    Post called "Transform Each Macro"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve Willis; 06-04-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: TOS - Can't link to other forums...

"but neither will the Bucholtz-Steinmetz method of Linear Transgressability nor any other method!"

Boy, that's easy for YOU to say
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Quote Originally Posted by James & Zelma Litzmann View Post
    If you have several designs laid out on a page, lets say thirty 8 X 10's and you want to change them all to 6 X 7.5, is there a way to change them all at the same time or do you have to do it one at a time?
    James & Zelma,

First, are you comfortable unZIPping and installing a macro? If not let us know and we'll send you simple steps to accomplish.

If yes, I've attached Carl Sewell's ResizeSelection macro that will do just what you need. Select the items you need to resize and then run the macro.

Carl is a creek member and prolific macro programmer!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Roy Brewer[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog/Control Laser/Roland engravers/Xenetech

Thanks everyone, appreciate all the help.

I'm o.k. with the unzipping but not the installing of the Macro, sorry. But it is never to late to learn . . . right?
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~