Thread: finished workbench (kind of)

finished workbench (kind of)

I finally finished the work bench project I've been working on for the last several months. Ok I'm not really done as I still need to finish the second bench (80% done), but it sure feels like I am because all the difficult stuff is over with. Since this is the first large project I've finished in a while I thought i would share.

If you want to check out more shots of the project, you can find them here:
    http://www.dans-hobbies.com/2009/06/...ished-kind-of/

and the Money shot
    -Dan

To nice to work on

Looking at the other pics, the cross braces look like they have serrated edges - ? Or is it just a result of the camera pixels?
    ken

Hey, nice work!

What was your top finished in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Higginbotham View Post
    Looking at the other pics, the cross braces look like they have serrated edges - ? Or is it just a result of the camera pixels?
    Nope, no serrations, not with a shop dog that likes to lick every new things he sees.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Patel View Post
    What was your top finished in?
    BLO followed by spar urethane, followed by wax. my benches are exposed to all kinds of oils (metalworking is another hobby of mine), so I need a slightly more protective finish that I can get with just BLO.
    -Dan

Nice.. clever little design Dan. In fact my BIL is a hydraulics shop foreman at Delta Air Lines but he is also is a former BMW mechanic and services quite a few of his old customers from his dealership days. He is also somewhat of a metal-worker and ask me to build a few tables for his home shop.

Your design might just fit that scenario to the tee as he might have an engine.. transmission or about anything else on his tables and grease and standard BLO or Watco I use for work-benches is not a match made in heaven.

Very nice....

Sarge..