Thread: Bosch 3.25 hp Plunge Router

Bosch 3.25 hp Plunge Router

I have a line on a good deal for a bosch 3.25hp router for a router table. Anyone have any input on this router? I hear plenty on the porter cables and such, but not much on the bosch.

Thanks

Jason

Jason,
    Bosh makes good stuff period. If you have a good deal...go for it and if you don't like it sell it for what you paid. With Bosch, it is very likely that if you find a good deal you will easily be able to sell.
    my.02
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

I have one and it is a good plunge router. However I got it to use in a router table and it doesn't work to good for that. The plunge part bottoms out before it gets high enough for some operations. I replaced it with a 1618 motor and it is much better. I wish sometimes that I had the extra hp.

A friend of mine has one and it seems like a nice router. Unless the price is really attractive, I'm not sure what advantages the Bosch has over the more often recommended Milwaukee 5625 and PC7518, or even the Freud FT3000 that offers advanced above table features.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....