Thread: Finally finished something!

Finally finished something!

Well I finally got some of the things that have been getting moved all over the bench finished! There are 2 bowls and one vase, the vase has lots going on and is a nice shape and size it is made from a burly buggy spalted piece of Hard Maple the NE bowl is spalted American elm. The elm tree was dead for a long time and had no bark left on it and was almost white it was so bleached out. The last one is Mulberry and has some nice color and a few checks that are filled, it has a turned in edge top and a little spalting in the bottom and the sapwood spot. The vase is 11"x6", the NE bowl is 8 3/4"x5" the mulberry is 8 3/4"x4 3/8".

Thanks for looking,

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Nice work, that vase sure does have a ton of stuff going on, I like the shape, accentuates the bottom nicely.

Everything looks great Jeff!

Really like the bark and worm holes on the vase! Sure adds to the character!

Haven't seen the additional rim on a NE before - sure gives it a different look!

Love the form on the Mulberry bowl! Pretty wood - great grain!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

All three are beautiful Jeff!

I really like the vase. I cant wait till I can do work like yours! I love NE bowls and I must agree with Steve, the added rim adds just a little something special to it.

Jeff,

Those are amazing. You have once again hit the nail on the head with that vase. ( No reference to f**t work intened).

Roy
    Walk fast and look worried.

Great looking pieces Jeff. Vase has a lot going on. Really like it.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

7. all nice, but the vase shape is grand & different

Thanks So much!

I have had the vase and the NE bowl on the bench for about 3 weeks and I almost knocked the vase on the floor, so that meant is was time to finish it! The mulberry bowl was from a firewood piece that has been in the shed for about 4 years, I started it yesterday and finished today! It feslt good to get them completed. Now only if that big burly monster would sand itself I would have something! I like the classic look greek style of the vase and have a few more of different woods that I need to finish.

Mark, You will get to where the rest of us are, because you have "Desire" and that is what makes a good creator, such as your "Concrete Goliath" lathe!

Thanks again,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Really like the NE bowl, almost looks like the NE is crawling out of the rimmed bowl.

They all look great Jeff!! Im partial to the NE bowl though!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Nice pieces all.....

Jeff, these pieces turned out great. I really like the vase. Is that the same Mulberry piece that was on the lathe under the plastic bag on Friday night?
    Mike Svoma

"There is nothing sexier than a woman in camoflage"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Svoma View Post
    Jeff, these pieces turned out great. I really like the vase. Is that the same Mulberry piece that was on the lathe under the plastic bag on Friday night?
    Mike, Yes it is! I like how it turned out nice shape and bout 3/16" thick walls untill the bottom is about 3/8"

Jeff

Jeff that stuff looks sweet. I love the HF.