Thread: Junction Woodturning/Kite Retreat '09!

Junction Woodturning/Kite Retreat '09!

Hello, just a quick link and possibly a picture if we do this correctly. We held our annual Retreat over Memorial Day weekend and just had a blast. Four of us did woodturning, demos as well as 4 hands-on classes. The picture is too small, but I can't adjust it as my brother sent it or at least I don't know how, but I can place a link so you can see some pictures of our wood turning class. Dave, Roy, Terry, and I taught it over four days running, with thanks to Marvin for borrowing his Delta Midi. Things worked out so well.

Enjoy> http://www.castledesignproductions.c...ion/index.html

And, thanks for taking a look-see! To those who might want to teach, I know that there are concerns, insurance, liability, etc, (the school, Tech, insures us as part of the package of holding the Retreat) but if you get a chance, it truly is very fun to teach when folks are so interested and want to learn and take home an interest they may continue in the future.

Best to you,

Jude

Looks like a real good time. It is fun to share this with people who want to see it.

Marc Himes

Wow - sure looks like everyone was busy having fun! Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Marc & Steve,

Indeed, thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed the post! Always good to get together with fellow wood turners to do something fun!

Thanks,

Jude

Jude looks like everyone was having a good time. Great to get together.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Judy,
    It's great when you can get people together and show them what turning is all about. It looks like you had great weather and a great looking group of people. I am sure it was a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

Looks like a good time to me!! So you're going to be doing this every year ya think??
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Bernie & Ken - thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it!

Jim, thanks! Ha, yep, we do the Kite Retreat every year, every Memorial Day Weekend at Junction's TX Tech extension campus, hill country, pretty.

This was our first year for including woodturning; might do that again next year as it was a great hit! We usually do art, kites, and a few 'different' things. The woodturning, cuttlebone casting and hammered copper were new this year.

This was our 20th annual Retreat; and plans are in the making for next year's happening!

Thanks you guys!

Jude

Jude the Midi is always available for you. Glad everyone had a great time at Junction. Maybe in a couple of years we can join you and the rest of the crew.

Marvin

Ha, Marvin, thank you indeed! Truly enjoyed by all and please do! You'd have a blast and everyone would benefit from your turning expertise; they'd love it and so would I!

Thanks again, you made it all possible.

Jude