Thread: How do you display your work?

How do you display your work?

Here are a couple of shelves I designed and built to display some of my smaller pieces. Show how you have your work up in your house. Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

My wife claims that every flat surface in the house is covered with my bowls. I guess that is sorta like a display

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Sowa View Post
    My wife claims that every flat surface in the house is covered with my bowls. I guess that is sorta like a display
    Dick my wife says the same thing. She tells her friends that every nook and cranny has some type of woodturning in it.

Mike the shelves look good. I like the way they have a open look to them.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I really like the design of the shelves on the left. How big is the wood connecting the shelves? Is it the thickness of that wood that holds the shelves up?

Scott, the 'supporting' wood is Oak, about 1" square in cross section and routed to be round(ish) in front. I cut a dado thru it, and glued each shelf into the half-thickness cut. It does lend an airy, open feeling to the display. Mike
    Last edited by Mike Minto; 05-26-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Like the others, my stuff just sits around the house on nearly every available horizontal surface. My wife has even suggested putting some of her stuff away to make more room for mine, but I cannot go along with that. Her stuff is just as "important" as mine.
    Richard in Wimberley

My stuff also sits everyone throughout the house.