Thread: Do any of you own the Harbor Freight wet grinder?

Do any of you own the Harbor Freight wet grinder?

It's the one that is similar to the Tormek and I was wondering if any of you have tried it because it's only $110 compared to a Tormek price. Let me know how it works if you've tried it. Thanks

Similar in appearance only. I had the Grizzly version. Had to send it back because there were too many things wrong with it. There are some members who have had good luck with the Griz. I believe the HF and Griz are about the same price. The Griz is made in Germany by Scheppach or something like that.

Brother had one and wouldn't waste my time or money. His went belly up in 2 months and the second one in 3 months so he just got his money back and bit the bullet. I used his Tormek liked it so well so I bought one.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thumbs up

Can't comment from experience on the Tormek, Jet, HF, or Griz, but can tell you that the Scheppach works well.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

wet grinder

i have had the HF model for about 6 months or so use for turning tools mostly works well for me.

thanks for the help guys. I saw it one day when I was browsing in there so I figured I might as well ask all of you and see how you liked it.

I have the HF.
    The wheel wasn't perfectly round when I got it, but a little dressing and now it works fine.

I have had one for about 8 months. It works fine for me. I could not afford one of the Tormeks. I bought it on sale with a coupon for $69.

Selling point: I periodically sharpen the kitchen knives....not many tools work in both the shop and the kitchen!