Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error While Trying To Print on LaserPro

Error While Trying To Print on LaserPro

I just got a LaserPro Spirit and installed the drivers and everything but when I try to print I get an error from windows stating "Spooler SubSystem App stopeed working and was closed". Anyone familiar with this problem? I googled and tried to fix but no luck for the past 3 hours.

Hi Tom;
    Seem to recall similar situation long ago with Laserpro Mercury. As I remember. shut down laser and computer. Reboot computer and then turn on laser-I think.
    Best regards;
    George
    LaserArts

I've done that many times and still the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Phan View Post
    I've done that many times and still the same problem
    Tom the start up sequence might be important.

Shut both down and turn the laser on first. When it is stable then turn on the computer.

Go to Control Panel and select "Printers" is the laser defined as a printer? Is it the default? Right click and select Properties and then select the Port tab. Make sure it is assigned to the correct port.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

I've had this problem before too. I think I finally determined that the file size was too large. Try sending the same file over at 125dpi and see if it will run. If it runs, you can gradullay increase the dpi until you find one high enough for you.
    You can manually start your print spooler by going to control panel, administrative tools, services. Double click on print spooler and then click the start button. That way, you don't have to keep shutting everything down.
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

Hi Guys, I have the same problem with my Spirit Ge laser, and i get the same message on both of my computers. i have restarted the machine, the computer, i have even reinstalled my computer with a new version of Windows, but i keep getting the same thing. i reinstalled the drivers all over again, but somehow it doesn't work.

TOM did you fix yours? if so what did you do?
    LaserPro Spirit GE 40 W, Rotary attachment, honey comb cutting table, Micro Flame Polisher, Windows7, Corel X6, Photoshop CS4, Photograv

Hi Scott, i seem to have that same problem as you had before, i can engrave at a maximum of 250DPI which is way too low for my operation since i have a lot of Photo Engraving and similar precise works which i do on a regular basis. Is there anything i can do to FIX this since this is happening only for the last 2 days now, before i could engrave ANY FILE SIZE with ANY DPI setting.

Looking forward to some response.
    LaserPro Spirit GE 40 W, Rotary attachment, honey comb cutting table, Micro Flame Polisher, Windows7, Corel X6, Photoshop CS4, Photograv

Try reseat the RAM on your motherboard or do diagnostics on it , there are issues with big files , I think it has a max of 16 gig , 2x 8mb , you can swap em for biggert ram , like 2 x 16 mb , you need the right ram tho - wasnt a special ram so puter shops should have it

Try the usb port or the serial port , ie try the other port apart from the one you using

Check the cable to the Explorer as well , swap it out if its suspect
    Under windows printer properties for the explorer check that you have the right port for the explorer and under advanced tab in the spool section check that "start printing immediately" is selected
    If you reinstall GCC drivers you HAVE to delete the gunk it leaves behind. Uninstall does not get rid of everything
    I cant remember what files they are , but they start with GL...

Go to jorlink.com under their laser support , http://www.jorlink.com/page.aspx?page_id=49
    they have drivers and firmware etc.
    Last edited by Rodne Gold; 10-09-2009 at 9:17 AM.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Milazim

I defer to Rodney who has much more experience than I do.
    I never really found a solution, but I think upgrading the memory should help. I would also try sending files you have done in the past. If they still work, the problem may be file specific.
    Scott Challoner
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

I've had this same problem a few times and it was always down to a graphic in the file. Certain bitmaps would always cause the error and after i converted to vector the file lasered fine. funny thing though is that it happens to files that lasered OK before which brings me to Rodne's point of reseating RAM and cleaning the motherboard from dust. Will try this next time.
    Sam Gardner Seychelles Islands, Indian Ocean
    1xGCC Spirit GLS 80W, 2xGCC Spirit 25W, 1 GCC Jaguar IV vinyl cutter,
    1 Shenhui 4x4 CNC router, Sublimation, Melco Amaya Embroidery
    Unique by a thousand miles!

I had the problem initially with my mercury. In the print options in control panel there's an option...can't remember the exact phrasing, but something like 'print directly to printer'. This skips the spooling; prints directly to the printer and -in my case- solved the problem 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Null View Post
    I had the problem initially with my mercury. In the print options in control panel there's an option...can't remember the exact phrasing, but something like 'print directly to printer'. This skips the spooling; prints directly to the printer and -in my case- solved the problem 100%
    Is that the setting where you don't have to hit the start button, the laser starts as soon as the file is sent? I'm going to have to try that.
    Scott Challoner
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

I still have to hit the start button- your mileage may vary. This is a setting in the printer config to skip windows' print spooler and just send straight to the printer...instead of sending the file to the spooler which then dribbles the file to your printer.

The upside is that it works. For me.

The downside, is that you're limited to whatever memory your laser has on board. In my case a full-table 300dpi image (635x435cm) has to be sent in 2 chunks.

the problem is due to virus. i also got the problem. reinstall xp then every thing is fine.

Hi Guys, Sorry i had not much time to get online again and post the solution.
    When you go to Control Panel at Printers and Faxes, then you right click on the Printer (in this case your machine) to Properties, on the Advanced TAB usually by default you have the option active: Spool print Documents so programm finishes printing faster, what you do is just activate the option Print Directly to the Printer and this problem is solved.

Also in some cases i had the problem with some effects used in Corel draw that the machine didn't accept therefore it either crashed my Corel or the machine didn't accept the file at all.