Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Festool saw guide?

[QUOTE=Dino Makropoulos]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hammelef
    Another difference I have seen is size of company, Dino's appears to be a one man shop, Festool is a large company. You decide which you prefer.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------(DINO'S REPLY) How funny that is. One day we support the (small Co) and the other we trash the the even smaller Co.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regards
    YCF Dino
    Just to let everyone know how I feel about the size of the company, I would much rather deal with a small company, and a shop of one is great. (eg. Bought my table saw from a small woodshop in the area the owner was my salesman, could have saved a few $100 if I bought from amazon but would rather buy from the owner). If I get along with the owner I know how I will always be treated. When dealing with a larger company you know the first person you talk to is powerless, to do anything, and it will take time to get to someone who can really help.

Best regards
    Dave Hammelef

Whewwwww...

Look at everything that happened after I decided to go home...
    I didn't miss you Christian, I just like getting a rise out of you

For what it's worth, I've spoken to Dino a number of times with questions I've had with the various of his products that I now own, and sincerely you couldn't ask for a nicer, more helpful and informative fella. We both also belong to another forum and the depth of his knowledge is truly remarkable.

Obviously as the inventor of a new product he gets fervent about it, and with some justification. It is in my opinion, one that is brilliant in the way it has addressed the shortcomings of any other system I've used (and that does include Brand F). But I've spent my adult life in an industry where arguments of this type are routine and so I may be thicker skinned than others. For those who are deciding which system to invest in I'd be more than happy to answer any questions I'm able to here or via PM but don't let the flying fur here hide the facts from you. I'm not familiar with Festool's guarantee but I am familiar with Eurekazone's. Don't like it? Send it back, period...

Does Eurekazone make a great product? Absolutely. Does Festool? Sure they do. I put my money down, not once but a couple times on Dino's products, so of course I made up my own mind after reviewing the facts and I've never regretted my decisions for a second. For myself I like a lively debate, as long as it remains civil, but as I said that's me and I'd never want others to feel uncomfortable with it. If I can contribute to the discussion I'll be happy to, whether here or privately.

OK... ding dingggggg...next round

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Makropoulos
    http://eurekazone.com/images/product...nentslarge.jpg

wow Dave.
    Very close, but you left out 14 other componets.
    EZSmart. 50" guide $ 59.00
    PC CS $130.00
    Saw Blade Diablo $ 14 ,00
    ---------------------$203.00 vs $375.00
    And if you allready have a circular saw is only $73.00 vs$375.00
    Good Dreams.
    YCF Dino
    Sorry if I messed up the pricing. just checked out the website again and the lowest option I found on the 50" guide rails was SGS-2NC for$125.98. Lets assume the saw comes with a blade. So your at $255.98 vs $375. You may offer a cheaper set up for a rail and smart base but I couldn't find it.

Dave Hammelef

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Berendsohn
    Whewwwww...
    For what it's worth, I've spoken to Dino a number of times with questions I've had with the various of his products that I now own, and sincerely you couldn't ask for a nicer, more helpful and informative fella. .....

Does Eurekazone make a great product? Absolutely. Does Festool? Sure they do. I put my money down, not once but a couple times on Dino's products, so of course I made up my own mind after reviewing the facts and I've never regretted my decisions for a second. .....
    Paul
    Hi Paul,
    Glad to here you have a good relation with Dino, It appears mine has not started so well. I agree I think both products are great and make lots of cuts a lot safer for more people. If I had known about Dino's product when I bought my stuff a few years ago I might have bought it. I personally dont think there is a whole lot of differences. But I have not actually seen an Ez in operation. But I dont see that much of a difference. Rail to keep the saw going straight, something on the cutting edge to hold the wood down so it doesn't splinter.

Dave

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

I am dissapointed in where this thread has gone. Just about every rule in the Terms od Service have been either broken or severely bent in this thread. The thread has been closed to further posting until a decision can be made on what to do with it. To edit every post which violates the TOS would take more time than I care to spend this morning.

Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 08-12-2004 at 9:09 AM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.