Thread: File Error Using Photograv

File Error Using Photograv

Hi Guys

I am having trouble with downloading photograv files from my comuter to my laser.

I have no trouble downloading bitmaps as large as 5MB but i am having trouble sending files of 450kb generated by Photograv to my computer.

I cropped one of the files and then it downloaded and engraved fine.

Can anyone shed light on this problem.

Thanks

Tom

More information is needed. What version Photograv. What OS are you using. What laser. What is the error.

Tony, by the sounds of it you might be trying to send it from photograv directly to the laser. If that is what you are doing, save the file first, then import it into either Corel or photoshop and send it to the laser from there.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

I am using Win XP Pro and Photograv2
    I own a Chinese, Golden Laser that has quirks but I am managing to overcome.
    I processed the image in Photograv and then used the Golden Laser program to send it to the laser.
    The file is 200mm x 200mm at 300dpi +- 700kB and gave me an error that the file was too large.
    I have downloaded 5mb files in the past which were processed in Photoshop with no problem.
    I then tried cropping the Photograv processed image to +-180 x 180mm at 300DPI +-630KB and it downloaded to the laser without a problem and engraved beautifully.
    Last edited by Tom Ravenscroft; 05-12-2009 at 7:51 AM.