I finally broke the saw down to add another wing and shift the whole rig 12" to the left as the final step in a recent re-org. I took advantage of the effort to pull the top, clean out real good, check all the fasteners and adjust anything like backlash and such.

I like my machines level with Mother Earth so I get the machine level first. There will be some table adjustment that will kill “perfection” so I just get real close front to back, left to right and corner to corner. I set the blade at 90* and begin.

Grab your alignment tool of choice:

22124 Alingment 004.jpg

Choose the miter slot that will be used for all the following steps and check the blade front to rear in the same tooth area. No surprise, mine is out after having the top reattached. I loosen 3 of the 4 bolts and tap my way to zero change front to back.

22124 Alingment 007.jpg

Lay the blade to 45* and repeat the front to back checks. Mine is out so I will have to shim one or more corners of the top to adjust for this.

22124 Alingment 010.jpg

The long LV feelers make this really easy and I find that everything is pretty close but, I need to elevate the right front corner by .015".

22124 Alingment 012.jpg

Four layers of Coke can is .0155" so I'll try that.

22124 Alingment 013.jpg

Now I return the blade to 90* and recheck, readjusting if required. Return to 45* and recheck, readjusting if required. OK, I'm dead-on at 90* and heeled away from the fence by .001" at the rear. I wasn't trying for the heel-out but after a reasonable effort .001" seemed like as close as I was going to get on this machine and I'm OK with it.