If you haven't tried engraving mirrors yet you will find it interesting and profitable. I have a local source that I purchase 11" by 14" mirror stock from at less than $4.00 each so it makes for a very inexpensive and elegant material that is suitable for wedding announcements, birth certificates, business logos and even simple designs that can be personalized.

Always engrave mirrors from the back side. Engraving the front side can destroy the lens or your machine so keep this in mind for any projects that have a reflective surface.

When engraving mirrors you are simply removing the silver from the back and leaving a translucent surface that can be painted or use my favorite trick by using colored matte board. Your customer will be able to change the background color to mach their decor any time they please by changing the matte board.

I have a local source to purchase acrylic mirror which can be not only engraved like glass mirror it can be vector cut to any shape as well. Now consider those beautiful wooden hand held mirrors that so many woodworkers make and think about how easy heart shapes, ovals and other designs would be to engrave and cut. Another idea is to use acrylic mirror to make really slick Christmas ornaments. Mirrors are also a really nice way to dress up the tops, inside lids or even the sides of wooden boxes.