Thread: I Hate The Borgs! Sorry... I had to vent

I Hate The Borgs! Sorry... I had to vent

Okay. I went to Borg Collective 1, Menards, and ordered the lumber for my shed. I gave them very specific info on what I needed. Their price was good, so I placed the order. Today I get a call from them and they want me to caugh up $80 because some friggin idiot put in the wrong price. I told them no way! I had a signed contract and I will not pay a penny extra. The Borg sighed and said, "Alright." I will keep an eye on the lumber pile to make sure that it is what I ordered.

Then off to The Orange Borg. I grabbed a couple of fiberglass columns for the front overhang of the shed (Yeah, its overkill, but what the heck!!) They carry the columns, the bases, the caps (economy caps and bases at that!), but not the mounting hardware.... WTH? How do they expect me to install these columns?

ARGH!

Sorry. I had one of those days.

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Mages; 08-07-2004 at 4:41 PM.
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

I feel your pain!

When ever i get PO'd at them i think back 15-20 years ago and wonder how i would have gotten some of the stuf they have in stock everyday.

Although I still want to crush something when they don't have everything i need...

Brian

BTW, what does WTF mean???
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Sorry Dan,

It's a conspiracy! I Ordered a Garage From Menard's, Got quotes on a number of configurations. Went back to buy. $800.00 Dollars less Are you sure asked twice Almost broke my wrist trying to seal the deal.
    Truck arrives, off loads my garage. Not a wall stud, door or window in sight.
    I feel your pain.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Talking ?????????????

roflol so what was there? Just the roof?
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Sorry Dan,

It's a conspiracy! I Ordered a Garage From Menard's, Got quotes on a number of configurations. Went back to buy. $800.00 Dollars less Are you sure asked twice Almost broke my wrist trying to seal the deal.
    Truck arrives, off loads my garage. Not a wall stud, door or window in sight.
    I feel your pain.
    "I have worked myself up from nothing to extreme poverty." Groucho Marx
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChrisPineWorkshop

Tyler,

Please tell me you read the contract and material list (kept a copy) and it was their mistake on delivery.

Please.

That is worse than the "great deal" I got on the Delta BOSS display model that by the time I replaced the missing pieces I could have bought new for less.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    The Sales rep just decided to leave of the bottom half of the garage when I went to bye Modal XYZ with ABC Sidng and 123 overhead door. Hard to mess it up but they did.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

ARGH!

The people at Menards struck again!! I stopped by last weekend and picked up 75 2x4s and a few 2x4x10s on my special order to build the shed. Yesterday, the lumber arrived and guess what?? There were 75 MORE studs and a bunch of 2x4x12s that I did not order or pay for sitting in the pile. I guess I will hold on to this lumber until they come to claim it... if they ever find out that it is missing.

But not all is good. Instead of delivering me beaded plywood for the soffit, they gave me 3/8 cdx and my continuous soffit vent is missing. They also forgot to deliver a full pallet of trim and siding.

I gave the manager a good earfull for the missing stuff and he will refund my shipping. Don't you love it when they make a $250 error in your favor?
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Ya know Dan,

It does sound as if the folks at Menard's are trying to "make things right" for you.

Rob