Thread: Preston Spokeshave book on US Amazon site

Preston Spokeshave book on US Amazon site

I was checking the Amazon listings for my book on Preston spokeshaves. I do not know why, but the US Amazon site is offering the paperback edition of the book at 50% off. I have no controi over how Amazon or any other retailer prices the book. This is the first book that I have ever written, and it has been interesting to watch how and where my book gets listed and priced. Does anyone know why Amazon might be discounting the book? The hardcover edition is not discounted.

Cheers,

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stankus View Post
    I was checking the Amazon listings for my book on Preston spokeshaves. I do not know why, but the US Amazon site is offering the paperback edition of the book at 50% off. I have no controi over how Amazon or any other retailer prices the book. This is the first book that I have ever written, and it has been interesting to watch how and where my book gets listed and priced. Does anyone know why Amazon might be discounting the book? The hardcover edition is not discounted.

Cheers,

Joe
    Amazon once listed a book my father hadn’t written yet....and it was 30% off. Boggles the mind.

The book was never written.....

Cheers,

Rob

Blog Entries
    Hi Joe, a copy was just ordered. When it arrives or something changes it will be posted here. This isn't likely something I would normally acquire, but what the heck, maybe my knowledge of old tools will be increased.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Hi Jim,

Thank you for ordering a copy. The Amazon "sale" is certainly a great deal.

Joe

Blog Entries
    The book arrived in the mail today. Flipping through the pages while walking back from the mailbox looks like a lot of good images on quality paper stock.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I wanted the book to be a virtual tour of my Preston spokeshave collection. Perhaps I should say "old school printed virtual tour" to be more accurate. When I published the book, I chose the highest quality paper and colour options that were offered so that the reader could easily see the details. I thought that too much was lost when printing in lower resolution or black and white.

Cheers,

Joe