I thought I'd share a tip that has helped me, and I invite others to do the same. (I'd like to hear some tips)

Being new to Corel, I don't know the language at all, so I'm having a hard time learning all the little streamlining things. I thought maybe others are too, and when you don't know a feature exists, you don't know to ask about it.

Nudge:
Nudge is what you're doing when you have an object or nodes selected, and you move them with the arrow keys.

Under Tools, Customization, Document, Rulers... There's a section called Nudge. By default mine was set to .1, Super = 2, Micro = 2

I used the sample .cdr for the Music Box plan on the Epilog website. I noticed the finger joints didn't quite fit together tightly, so I tried to expand the male part of the joint. I used the 'Shape Tool' to select the nodes I wanted to move then I tried to click and drag them a little bigger... But that was very inaccurate, I couldn't hold my mouse steady enough. So I used the arrow keys, but they were set to move way too much to be of any use. I looked and looked through the help and tutorials available on the net, until I stumbled onto Nudge. I think I was even looking for something else at the time.

SO... I set the Nudge to .01, and set Micro to 5 (set it to 10 at first, but was hitting the arrow too much). I usually set the Super to 10 or 20 also, easier for moving objects into position.

Using the real fine settings has helped me a great deal...

thanks for reading, hope it helped someone else too.