Thread: Help with plate attachment

Help with plate attachment

Hi folks I am tring something new and I want it to work the first time so I would like suggestions from those who have had success with simular issues. I have to attach an engraved plate to the back of a park bench. The plate is .018 (cermarked)stainless 2" X 20" and the bench is made from cypress wood that has been sealed. I can use stainless screws but I would rather stick it on. Will plaque tape or banner hem tape hold it in the weather? What about silicone? I am willing to listen to any suggestions. Thanks
    Al
    Al

40W MII W/Rotor
    Camaster Stinger III, Vectric Aspire
    Back up Vinyl cutter
    Roland 54" print/cut
    Laminator
    Strip heater
    Lasermaster 8.5, LXI Master Plus, Corel X4, Photograv, design shop pro
    Knight DC16, DK3 Mug Press, Hix HD400D, GX7000
    Embroidery
    Hot stamping

gorilla glue

It doesn't take a lot but will be there forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Honey and Coco
    Steve / Sandy Wallace
    Lasting Laser Impressions

FaceBook - search Steven Wallace; Epilog mini 18 - 35w, rotary tool, Corel X3, PhotoGrav 3.0

I usually use nice round head stainless screws. Try to find the ones that have half the slot gone so they can be tightend but not backed out. And, put a good layer of silicone adhesive (or gorilla glue) on the back for extra security.. Customer perception on things like that, is if they can't see whats holding it on, they think it's probably not as secure as they would like..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

I mount signs all the time with VHB foam tape or banner tape and silicone, with the tape holding it until the silicone sets. In this case, though, it's more susceptible to vandals than most signs and could be easily pried off with a knife or screwdriver. In those cases I use square or torx headed screws, most people don't carry the tip to remove them.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I would be inclined to use all of the suggestions here and add one more - a pocket for it to fit into. If you recess it into the bench, use silicone and tamper-proof screws, it's not going anywhere.

Gary

Thanks Guys. I ended up using Stainless screws and banner tape.
    Al

40W MII W/Rotor
    Camaster Stinger III, Vectric Aspire
    Back up Vinyl cutter
    Roland 54" print/cut
    Laminator
    Strip heater
    Lasermaster 8.5, LXI Master Plus, Corel X4, Photograv, design shop pro
    Knight DC16, DK3 Mug Press, Hix HD400D, GX7000
    Embroidery
    Hot stamping