Thread: Laser Tile Glass?

Laser Tile Glass?

Yesterday I engraved some glass tile we had at the shop. Turns out it was a 12"x12" glass tile for sublimation. Well it turned out great! I am just wondering what options are out there for glass like Laser Tile Glass. I see you have to be a distributor to get it from them. Any help would be great! I'm looking for sizes from 6"x6" to 12"x12" any color backing.
    I have worked for QuickTrophy LLC since 2006.
    Trotec Speedy 360, 3 Universal PLS 360's, 1 M-360, and VLS 230
    We also do color work using a Mimaki UJF-3042Fx and Sublimation Equipment

Blog Entries
    3Score is probably the best known... a fairly wide selection of colors and a few different sizes, but I don't know the cost. I imagine for a project of any real size it would be cheaper to have some made locally.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

H.D. have some clear glass tiles with a coloured backing.. I picked up a few and thought I would just engrave though the backing, and then colour fill.. Nope! That backing is tough.. Multiple passes hardly got through it.. I finally cut a mask, and sandblasted it. That worked..It must be some kind of fired on ceramic or the like .. It would have been great if it would laser.. That was using my old tube, I should try it again with the new one..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
    H.D. have some clear glass tiles with a coloured backing.. I picked up a few and thought I would just engrave though the backing, and then colour fill.. Nope! That backing is tough.. Multiple passes hardly got through it.. I finally cut a mask, and sandblasted it. That worked..It must be some kind of fired on ceramic or the like .. It would have been great if it would laser.. That was using my old tube, I should try it again with the new one..
    Hi Bill; probably the glass tile that you used has kiln-dried painting on which is too hard to engrave.

Here is my solution;

http://www.icaspa.com/web/eng/cat_list.php?id=192

This is a very special water based painting which does not require kiln-dry application.

This paint is applied normally and dries in normal conditions.

Advantages are; silicone or cement grouts does not effects this painting and its easy engraveable.
    epilog mini24 45W laser
    purex indoor air filter
    black&decker compressor
    felix compressor&airbrush

sawgrass sublimation system

Information is valuable only when it's shared.

Best exercise is the race itself-M.Schumacher.

Thank you for the replies. I am going to look around locally.
    I have worked for QuickTrophy LLC since 2006.
    Trotec Speedy 360, 3 Universal PLS 360's, 1 M-360, and VLS 230
    We also do color work using a Mimaki UJF-3042Fx and Sublimation Equipment

I have been using a lot of these tiles from HD. They are ceramic backed, but my 120 watt blasts right thru it. I have engraved both sides, they make excellent coasters with a cork backing.

Ya ! 40-45 watt wont hardly touch them.. But once masked, sandblasted, and colour filled they look pretty good.. I just wish you could sandblast a photo as sharp as you can laser it.. There are some industrial glass suppliers that can bevel glass fairly nicely. My local one can not bevel pieces under 12 x 12 .. I did some displays a while back for a customer who brought in his own glass 3" x 6" x 1/4" thick and beveled. A glass company in Toronto did them but the name of the company never never made it down th command chain to him..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Check your local stain glass supply companies for beveled glass squares and shapes.

art