Thread: Jet 22-44 ODS conveyor roller problem

Question Jet 22-44 ODS conveyor roller problem

I've had my Jet 22-44 Oscillating Drum Sander for about a month now. I took some of the tenson off the conveyor as directed in the set up. The belt slipped so I increased the tension until the belt quit slipping. After a while things got a little wacky, I could run something thru and take almost nothing off and run again and take a lot off in one area. The belt looked like is was going up and down like something was under it. I checked and sure enough there were shreads of rubber under there off the drive roller. The center of the roller is in shreads but the sides aren't too bad.

I called Jet and they were real nice. They said it was nothing I had done but the rubber must have been bad on the roller. They have a new roller in the mail. Has anyone had a problem like this? I'm new to this machine so just how do you tell if the tension is right on the conveyor belt?
    BONUM VINUM LAETIFICAT COR HOMINIS
    (Good wine galddens a mans heart)

Mark,

Try some searching on this topic...it has been discussed many times. Also, talk with Jet about adjust the conveyor belt. A lot of us with this style of drum sander have issues with the belt tracking its way off to one side or the other. You just have to fiddle with the tension until you get it right...it takes mucho patience.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

The instuctions for my Jet 16-32 drum sander say to determine conveyer belt tension start the belt and try to stop it with you hands. If you can stop it then it needs more tension. So I would suggest that you loosen the belt until you can stop it with your hands and then tighten it just to the point where you cannot stop it.

I just had to contact Jet within the last couple of weeks to deal with the issue of belt tracking. I don't know if anything was wrong with the rollers but Jet ended up sending me a new table. Their customer service was fantastic. They initially sent me a new belt and when that didn't fix it they ended up sending me a entire new table assembly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Tribby View Post
    I just had to contact Jet within the last couple of weeks to deal with the issue of belt tracking. I don't know if anything was wrong with the rollers but Jet ended up sending me a new table. Their customer service was fantastic. They initially sent me a new belt and when that didn't fix it they ended up sending me a entire new table assembly.
    Hi. I'm having LOTS of problems with my sander, what number did you call for service. I'm getting to the point where almost wish I didn't buy it.

Thanks
    George

I bought mine from Amazon via WHM Tool Group. They will give you an 800 # if you bought from them and they give very good service in my experience [twice].

Quote Originally Posted by George Brown View Post
    Hi. I'm having LOTS of problems with my sander, what number did you call for service. I'm getting to the point where almost wish I didn't buy it.

Thanks

Look up WMH tool group. The gentleman I ended up talking to was in TN.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just an fyi to all. My problem with the drum sander finally got fixed. It turned out to be an out of balance coupling between the motor and the drum. That was the cause of all the sanding problems.

Does anyone else have a problem with the machine vibrating too much???
    George