Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FREEStuff Drawing 8-2-2004: Bethlehem Olivewood Pen Blanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Shiverdecker
    Guess it wasn't us Steve. BTW, I'm turning in twenty pens to Woodcraft for shipment to SMC. There are some made out of your Walnut. Thanks again.

Bruce
    Sounds great Bruce. Need any more just holler. Have a lot of cherry and other stuff now.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Valentine
    So how do we know who won???? Or did they forget to draw?
    I think Aaron must be teasing us.
    Steve

I need to post here so I won't forget to check back to see who has won.

Aaron is on vacation through Thursday. He was hoping to have internet access at Nags Head but there is none so I guess he will do the drawing Thursday night or Friday. Sorry for the delay.

Jackie

Hey guys.. As Jackie said, I am on vacation here at the beach in Nags Head, NC without Internet. Well, looks like "Hurricane" Alex just weathered through here.. we didn't get much more than a bunch of wind and a ton of rain. Did I mention it was windy?

Anyway, I managed to steal away to a local bookstore here. This drawing cost me $3.00 for 15 minutes of Internet Access. Just shows you how devoted I am.

Hopefully the sun will come out.. tomorrow (tomorrow, which is only a day away), and I will be thinking about all of you while soaking up the sun at the ocean. (Again, hopefully).

Cheers.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Congratulations Terry. I know you will do them all the justice they deserve.
    JB

Way to go Terry! The first set couldn't have gone to a nicer guy and a more dedicated turner. I have purchased these blanks in the past, and they make a most beautiful pen, and Olive Wood is wonderful to turn. The only thing comparable is that Lilac you gave me..................both make the finest Pens!

I am quite pleased to have my name "pulled" from the hat. Up to now the only thing I have ever won was the 1968 draft lottery. Thanks to Bethlehem Olivewood for their generosity.

Terry

Way to go Terry!!
    Be sure and bring one of those to Terrys feed, as I have never seen olivewood.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl
    Hey guys.. As Jackie said, I am on vacation here at the beach in Nags Head, NC without Internet. Well, looks like "Hurricane" Alex just weathered through here.. we didn't get much more than a bunch of wind and a ton of rain. Did I mention it was windy?

Anyway, I managed to steal away to a local bookstore here. This drawing cost me $3.00 for 15 minutes of Internet Access. Just shows you how devoted I am.

Hopefully the sun will come out.. tomorrow (tomorrow, which is only a day away), and I will be thinking about all of you while soaking up the sun at the ocean. (Again, hopefully).

Cheers.
    Hey everyone..
    Here are a couple of pictures taken of an otherwise calm Atlantic Ocean at Nags Head, NC, just 2 hours after Hurricane Alex passed over.

The undertow was pretty strong for the next two days, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Terry, I didn't win a lottery in '68 but I did get picked??????????
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ken

I don't remember what my number was but I got a May call up. Decided to enlist with the Navy. Spent 3 years living in Naples Italy as an E3 filling an E7 billet. I was the yeoman to the assistant chief of staff of the sixth fleet shore staff. We were stationed on the Nato side. It was pretty cool duty.

Terry

Terry, I turned 19 in August '68. I had just moved to Cornell...not too far from you. I was working for my father drilling gas storage wells for Northern Illinois Gas. We used to pass throught Roanoke on the way to Metamora where we drilled a number of wells. August I got the invitation and train ticket to Chicago. September I got notified I'd passed the physical. I enlisted in the Navy with a 51 day delay. November 9th I went to Great Lakes for boot camp. Got out of the Navy in November 1976. 8 years....18 months in Great Lakes..6 months Brunswick, GA....4 years Meridian MS......14 months Kingsville TX.....8 months Charleston, SC. 2 years of school...5 years of air traffic control maintenance....8 months working on fast attack subs..met LOML about 11 days before attending bootcamp...got married after bootcamp..1st couple of years were a financial challenge but we survived....36 years later.....she's still the LOML....she's working a couple of years extra (she could have retired this year) to pay for my new shop.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

So who won the second set.

Hey Jim

Congradulations to you!!!!! How about that, kept all the blanks in Illinois.

Terry

Thanks to Bethlehem Olivewood and Sawmill Creek for this wonderful opportunity. I hope I can do them justice.
    JB