Thread: We've Finally Gotten Started

We've Finally Gotten Started

After the wettest winter on record and trying to deal with a personal friend who is a excavation/foundation contractor in high demand, we finally made some headway. This is the foundation of the 32x40 barn I'll be woodworking in sooner or later. I say that because, using my superior intellect and stellar planning skills, I've started this project smack in the middle of a basement finishing project and the construction of a woodshed/garden shed. Let's just say I don't complain about having nothing to do.

I'll post more pics as the project(s) progress.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Growing older is mandatory.
    Growing up is entirely optional.

Remember; it's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Multitask Jim!! Think of this the way I approach jobs when I have more than one going on. I spend a little time each evening planning the next work day on each job. What materials do I need, special equipment or tools. In my case I decide whos going to what job and what they are to do there and make assignment lists for the next day or even the whole week depending on the job. If you treat each on your projects as a contracted job for a customer, you, and just move forward on each one as time and money permits.
    Easy huh?
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Well, you certainly picked a great location for the shop/barn. Great view with the woods. You could put in a food plot just below the building, and make the shop serve extra duty as a deerstand!!

Looks like you may have some great clay to work with, too. That stuff is a mess when it gets wet!

Look forward to seeing the progress pics!

Congratulations Jim. Keep us posted on your progress. I would have loved to have been able to build a shop that big.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Jim- A great idea! But since I'm the only one on the labor list, it sort of seems like overkill to plan that much. I usually do whichever task fits the weather and my mood for the day.

John- The location picked itself. I own 15 acres in northern KY of which, about 1/2 an acre is flat. That's where she goes. As far as the deer stand, no need. The darn things are like roaches up here. If I chose to harvest a deer, it would likely be one of the regulars at my salad bar. Otherwise known as my front yard.

Don- I'll keep you posted but I'm no ball of fire. I've decided I want to build my shop by myself so I'm only hiring out those things I can't do like the foundation. The rest I'm going to do in my own time.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Growing older is mandatory.
    Growing up is entirely optional.

Remember; it's never too late to have a happy childhood.