Thread: Finally...I achieved a gloat worth mentioning

Finally...I achieved a gloat worth mentioning

The Corp. bigwigs are on a cleaning trip in our stores here of late. Anything without our logo on it is to be tossed or clearanced. I happened to spot a box full of sandpaper for the dumpster and started investigating. I wound up with a large box of Mirka 6" round, both adhesive and non-adhesive discs from 80-400 grit paper, and another box of Norton micro-fine wet/dry from 13-24 micron paper plus a disc dispenser. I haven't had time to inventory all of it completely or pics yet. But both boxes combined weigh in at about 50 lbs combined total. I use hook/loop paper but for this haul I can buy replacement pads to compensate. Best part of the deal was it cost me zilch, zero, nada investment. I didn't even know we had it in the store. It was stored & well hidden, and had about an inch of dust on top of the boxes. I at this time wouldn't even try to guess the value of it all.
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey

Nice score Mark. I never run into deals like that.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

No pics ... didn't happen!
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Ok, Ok, no pics didn't happen. Here they are!!!!
    Inventory includes two boxes of 24 grit discs (I'll never use these), 2 boxes of 100g discs, 2 boxes of 80g discs, 2 boxes of 80g strip paper, 2 boxes of 180g strip paper, 3 boxes of 400g discs, 1 box 320g discs, 1 box 220g discs, 2 boxes 180g discs, 1 box 400g discs, 1 box 600g sheets, 1 box 400g sheets, 1 box 80g sheets. These are all Mirka/Mirka gold brand.
    Norton brand includes: 2 rolls of 220g discs, 2 rolls of 400g discs, 1box of 24 micron w/d paper, 1 box of 20 micron w/d paper, 1 box of 13 micron w/d paper, one roll dispenser.
    Plus 10 rolls of painter tape.
    Any clues of what the value is of all this????
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is some olympic class dumpster diving there! Great haul!

Quote Originally Posted by mark page View Post
    The Corp. bigwigs are on a cleaning trip in our stores here of late. Anything without our logo on it is to be tossed or clearanced. I happened to spot a box full of sandpaper for the dumpster and started investigating. I wound up with a large box of Mirka 6" round, both adhesive and non-adhesive discs from 80-400 grit paper, and another box of Norton micro-fine wet/dry from 13-24 micron paper plus a disc dispenser. I haven't had time to inventory all of it completely or pics yet. But both boxes combined weigh in at about 50 lbs combined total. I use hook/loop paper but for this haul I can buy replacement pads to compensate. Best part of the deal was it cost me zilch, zero, nada investment. I didn't even know we had it in the store. It was stored & well hidden, and had about an inch of dust on top of the boxes. I at this time wouldn't even try to guess the value of it all.

And to think, all of this time I've been checking in the stores for deals. Nice snag.

Steve

Why would they through all that away? I couldn't find where you said the size of the boxes but they look like 50 packs.

The painters tape alone would be about $50.

Great score.

The discs are all 100 packs, sheet paper is 50 packs except the 80g which is 25 sheets to a box. The strip paper is all measured in feet.
    We tossed it because it was not in the inventory status and not counted in inventory dollars.
    When the company closed the store I managed, we tossed all the steel shelf fixtures to trash. A couple of young guys stopped and asked if they could have it for scrap metal. Answer was yes if you help dis-assemble and haul/load it yourselves. They cleared appx 1500-1600 bucks that day on shelving at scrap prices. Talk about waste!!!! I was considering renting a straight bed ryder truck to do that myself, but was so worn out from closing two stores and inventory pull-downs that I just couldn't do it physically or mentally. Then the company has the gall to have me lay-off an employee because payroll expenses were above what the max budget was. The store fixtures and shelving that was tossed was probably 50k worth of items at new retail prices. Ya got me man, on what is in their head. Think this is only the beginning of things to come!!!!

Blog Entries
    Smokin' find. You'll put it to much better use than if it hit the landfill.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by mark page View Post
    The discs are all 100 packs, sheet paper is 50 packs except the 80g which is 25 sheets to a box. The strip paper is all measured in feet.
    We tossed it because it was not in the inventory status and not counted in inventory dollars.
    When the company closed the store I managed, we tossed all the steel shelf fixtures to trash. A couple of young guys stopped and asked if they could have it for scrap metal. Answer was yes if you help dis-assemble and haul/load it yourselves. They cleared appx 1500-1600 bucks that day on shelving at scrap prices. Talk about waste!!!! I was considering renting a straight bed ryder truck to do that myself, but was so worn out from closing two stores and inventory pull-downs that I just couldn't do it physically or mentally. Then the company has the gall to have me lay-off an employee because payroll expenses were above what the max budget was. The store fixtures and shelving that was tossed was probably 50k worth of items at new retail prices. Ya got me man, on what is in their head. Think this is only the beginning of things to come!!!!
    Ummmm, I wonder why they have to close stores....