Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carved lion's head for violin

David,I'm not very good at this computer business,and I can't get but 2 pictures to post at a time.

George - That's OK, all you have to do is post an additional reply to a specific thread to post another two pictures. So the end result might be a series of 4 or 5 "replies" that have 2 pictures each. That's the way members like Harry Strasil and others have been able to post a running tutorial on how to do something neander-related.

George,

You can put 5 pics per post...it should be straight-forward. The software will tell you when you have the max pics in one post.

Then simply make another post to post more pics and keep going until you've posted all the pics you want in the thread.

A series of posts make up a thread so a thread and can have 1 or 1000 posts to it and each post in the thread can have 5 pics in it.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by David Keller NC View Post
    May I make a suggestion? Put together just one thread by category. For example, "tools made by me" or "musical instruments made by me", and post successive photos to new posts in the same thread. The reason that I suggest this is that it's easy for threads to get buried, and I think I can speak for all of us - I don't want to miss one!
    David, I have started linking some of George's posts in the FAQs above, so if you like anything linked just reply to the Neander FAQs stick and let us know where to stick the link.

George, if you don't mind I am going to cross post this thread to the woodcarvers forum as well, just in case some of them don't venture down here.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

Folks, since this was a carved project I copied the thread from the neander side. I am sure it will provide inspiration.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahid Naqvi View Post
    Folks, since this was a carved project I copied the thread from the neander side. I am sure it will provide inspiration.
    I don't know whether to be inspired or depressed! Somehow, I just don't ever see myself being able to reach that level of detail in such small dimension.

On another forum, I've seen similarly impressive work but it was done with a rotary tool. To do that with manual tools is mind boggling.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

I would never use a rotary tool for carving,except possibly to hog off material. Rotary tools cannot compare to hand carving.