Thread: Can anyone ID this machine?

Can anyone ID this machine?

It looks like a stroke sander but the pulleys are too low.
    Sorry here's the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ed Kilburn; 03-31-2009 at 10:01 PM.
    The speed of light is much faster than the speed of sound; is that why some people look so bright until they say something?

A picture might help.

Or more description.

I can't see it either

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa
    Hmmm... I think it's a 19" flat screen monitor, but it might be 20". Black frame with "Dell" written on the bottom.

That's what I see!
    Choosing Windows 7/8 over Apple OSX and IOS is sort of like choosing Harbor Freight tools over Festool!

“They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.”
    Ben Weingarten

Sorry guys I've added the pic.
    The speed of light is much faster than the speed of sound; is that why some people look so bright until they say something?

Looks like a stroke sander of some kind, missing the belt and perhaps a few other things.

I'd guess it is intended to help run twine around bundles of newspapers, or perhaps a box. The goods go on the platform, the twine is wrapped around, then the platform is turned 90 degrees and the process repeated.

Just a guess....

Yes that what I thought at first but the sanding belt would have to run with the grit running against the pulleys.

Bill,
    I think you called it. Looks almost identical but your photo shows that the one in question may be missing a few parts.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    Bill,
    I think you called it. Looks almost identical but your photo shows that the one in question may be missing a few parts.

On the one posted is has right on the front Oliver 298, I just went to OWWM and looked it up and found one.

That is a big old sander, I guess that is more then I would need for small boxes.....

There is two of them on the site.
    http://www.owwm.com/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=5762

Thank you Bill, you nailed it. I signed up to join OWWM and just got activated this morning.

Bill hit it. It's a Oliver stroke sander. It looks fairly complete, at least the main parts are there. With a little sheet metal work the shrouds can be replicated.

There's a definite learning curve, but once you get the touch they work great for panels etc.

Mike