Thread: Mounting Bench Dog ProMax router table

Mounting Bench Dog ProMax router table

I recently purchased a Ridgid 3660 table saw and a Bench Dog ProMax cast iron router table extension for the table saw. I opted for this setup because the saw was on sale and I have limited space.

I am looking for opinions on an alternate mounting of the router table. The instructions say to remove the left table extension from the saw and bolt on the router table. In looking at the saw and its rails which offer a 36" right rip capacity, it appears (after some some rough placing and aligning) as if i could bolt the router table into the empty space over between the rails on the right side. This would entail drilling through the edge of the right table wing of the saw.

Am I correct in thinking that this idea would work, and there would be enough support for the router table between the bolting to the existing table wing and the rail bolts? Should I add legs for when the saw is stationary/being used as a router table?

Thanks

I noticed that in the instructions as well, but Im pretty sure Ive seen people mount it on the right side of the Ridgid saw (check ridgidforum.com)

Ive also seen people add braces under the extension wing.........either from the wing to the original legs, or with legs attached underneath the wing straight to the floor.

Even with a non-cast-iron wing, I would add support somehow. I would want to be sure the whole thing wouldnt bow because of lack of support.

Thank you

Ridgidforums.com had a plethora of helpful info. Thanks!

I added my benchdog to the right and then added a hinge and leg for support. When moving the TS the leg swings up out of the way. Works well.

Larry