Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: SawStop PCS Dedicated Thread

Okay, so after a few frustrating attempts I finally got the saw dialed in. Every time I tightened the back left bolt the table would move. Sometimes positive, sometimes negative. I can bolt the other three without problem.

So what I did was align the blade, which was easy to do with the set screws, tilt up to 90 degrees, and tighten the back left bolt all the way down and left the other 3 loose. Then, when I bring the saw back to zero, there is still enough play to use the set screws to compensate for the 0.004 that it moved. Dial it back in and tighten the other three and I'm left with -0.0015 from the right miter slot. Good enough for me. My fence is dead on parallel, so that gives me just a hair of separation at the back. But now I don't get that annoying spray of sawdust off the back of the blade as the workpiece moves through. BTW my tilt axis is at 0.002 after the alignment procedure- that was easier than aligning the table- just more steps. Now that I have that done, I cut my zero clearance insert with my new blade. Maybe this will help someone else, maybe it just bores the rest of you.

I already completed a project two weeks ago with the saw in it's "factory" condition, but I can tell a dramatic improvment in ripping maple- no more burn marks- which were probably from a dull blade as much as the saw being out of parallel.

Now I finally get to enjoy this bugger. This weekend- my router station, ala Norm but adjusted for a taller user. I've got some birch ply and melamine MDF to throw at it. We'll see how the new Forrest blade handles the melamine. Then I need to build a base for it, this thing is short!

I don't know if any one else has had trouble leveling the ZCI inserts. Mine would level fine but the right front corner would pop up when the lock ring was pushed down. I messed around with it after talking to SS and got is pretty decent but it always kind of bugged me. Anyway I ordered a different insert on monday because I wanted a true ZCI where you can only cut at 90 degrees. The new insert stays completly level now when locked down and I didn't have to make any modifications. They must have fixed them or changed the specs on the inserts.

After reading Robs post in the other PCS thread. I checked out SS web site there is a lot new info about all of the saws there. Including the PCS saw.

I posted about the new saw on the other thread and then that thread disappeared... the warranty listed over at Sawstop is 2 years, not 1.

So when is the new guard coming???
    Last edited by Rob Price; 05-08-2009 at 5:14 PM.
    Where did I put that?

I asked Dylan the other day and was told it might be August or latter now. Pushed back again.