Thread: Calvin's new bed OR a trip to Woodcraft with my wife

Calvin's new bed OR a trip to Woodcraft with my wife

Last week I was busy working on a new Carousel horse when I needed to make a trip to Woodcraft. My wife decided she wanted to go along. While I was shopping I noticed her browsing the books and plans area and then I heard the tree little words! OH HOW CUTE! She had discovered a small dog bed and decided that I should build one for Calvin. So I bought a copy of the plans and made it for her this past weekend. Now Calvin is happy, my wife is happy and I'm back on my horse again!

BTW Calvin has recovered nicely from his back surgery and is back chasing gecko's and riding his bike!
    Attached Images Attached Images

our dogs have a bed and prefer the love seat

btw nice job on the bed!

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Calvin looks very content.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Nice job leaving Calvin with a bed nicer than the one my wife makes me sleep on down in the shop. Just kidding a bit as the bed does look great and Calvin appears to be comfortable on both it and the bike.

Sarge..

you did the whole thing in one weekend?

I guess I work very slow... frustrating part is I still manage to screw up more than anything else.

nice looking little bed. My dogs love their beds, if I didn't have four rather large beasts, I'd consider something like this for them.
    fledgling weekend warrior

One weekend? Great work, and better than most people sleep in.

Nice work. I could never build that in a weekend.

Actually they are easy to build. A little band saw work and screw and glue! The plans called for 31 8" spindles but Woodcraft didn't have any in stock. I search the internet but found the price to be too high. I could have turned them but that would have taken forever so I chose to use 3/8" dowels instead. Woodcraft charges $1.90 for 3/8" oak dowels while McFeely charges $43 for 100. I'm building another one out of walnut to donate to our local animal rescue auction next month.