Thread: SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw Field Test - Just Ordered!

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa

Talking SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw Field Test - Just Ordered!

The previous thread regarding the field test program from SawStop for their new cabinet saw is valid. I just ordered mine and it will ship next Thursday.

The discount is really good, and they are offering 10% discount on any and all accessories ordered with the saw.

My total price including 52" extension with T-Glide Fence; Dado brake cartridge; extra standard brake cartridge; Mobile Base unit; and 8" Dado Insert.... and including GA tax = $3018.39

As stated earlier, any changes to the final production machine will be sent to field testers, as well as the upper and lower dust collection system this summer.

The original email Dylan sent me is reproduced below explaining the program.

I am wayyyyy excited! I'm a professional pilot and defense contractor. I work overseas every other six-weeks and then I'm off for six-weeks during which I am learning woodworking... still a novice! I can't afford to lose a finger, as that would cost me my six-figure job, so SawStop is a major lifesaver when it comes to my hobby vs. job!

Here's the email:

SawStop is looking for people to test our latest cabinet saw. The Professional Cabinet Saw is slated for official launch this summer, but we need your help testing the first batch of production units.

We’re offering the new Professional Cabinet Saw at a discount off of the expected MSRP. In return we ask that you use the saw frequently and report back on your impressions and any issues you have with the saw. The saw will include our standard one-year warranty.

The Professional Cabinet Saw is a 3 HP, 220V cabinet saw that features SawStop’s patented safety system, advanced dust collection and premium levels of fit and finish. It delivers the performance you need from a cabinet saw at an affordable price.

Please see the attached document for more information on the Professional Cabinet Saw.

Here’s what you need to do to qualify to be a field tester:
    ·Pay for and receive the saw between March 23 and April 10
    ·Commit to use the saw frequently for 30-45 days after receiving it
    ·Report back on your experience using a questionnaire that will come with the saw

You may purchase either a 36” or a 52” fence system and you have the option of buying a mobile base.

Special field testing prices are as follows:
    36” fence system: $2,499
    52” fence system: $2,559
    Mobile base: $175

Shipping is included in this price. Local taxes apply.

If you are interested in participating in our field testing and being one of the first to own the new SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw, please reply to this email or call Dylan Walter at 503-570-3200.

Act now. There is a limited supply of saws available for field testing.

Thanks,
    SawStop
    Last edited by Frank Trinkle; 03-19-2009 at 3:37 PM.

PDF flyer with picture and description of new saw..

Attached is the pdf flyer of the new saw with a picture of the machine and the specs.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Congrats!

I'm sure this has been answered here before, but...
    What are the main differences between this saw, and their top of the line model?

Not as much cast iron in the trunnion. No gas system to assist blade elevation, and a slightly different cabinet design which has the wheels in different positions from the Industrial saw.

The dust collection system to be released on the machine in the summer (and retrofitted to the field test machines) is supposed to collect 99% of sawdust.

Still 3HP, 1 Phase and all the bells and whistles of the big brother.

Can't wait!

The table is also a little narrower. The PCS saw has a 27" table, the indusrial saw has a 30" table. The whole machine is a little lighter duty than the other saw. I guess the steel on the fence is a little lighter, basic thing like that. From what I have read on reference to others that have seen the saw. But I HAVE NOT seen it yet. Apparently the construction is similar to a PM2000 and the new UNI. The amount of cast used and things like that. A different person described it as having "cross hairs" pointed directly at a PM2000. That is yet to be seen. I will post more when the saw arrives. I am hoping mine will be here next week.

just curious, how does one get on 'the list'? it's something I might consider.

what a stroke of marketing brilliance this is Granted, they had to already have this lower-cost product in the pipeline before the economy took a downturn, but now they'll be able to get a lot of people looking for something not so 'substantial' as their ICS, willing to pay for it, and almost immediately. definitely one way to keep your revenue numbers up.
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

John there isn't any list. After reading the ealier thread about this saw. In one of the post a different creeker talked about being in contact with SS. I contacted them and that started the ball rolling. Either give them a call, or send an email. Dylan is very prompt about returning email and phone calls. I paid $3027 for the saw, 36" fence, extension table, mobile base, extra cartridge, dado cartridge, extra throat plate, shipping, and sales tax. The state has to get there share. If your are interested give them a call. All you have to agree to. Is use the saw a fair amount in the next 30-45 days, which is real hard to do, and send back what you think. The problem is you are buying a saw sight unseen. I guess what got me over that hump is the fact that both of there other saws have been real nice. That is what I know, and how I went about it.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger as well (assuming a saw is left by that time).

A quick question for those folks who already have a SS cabinet or contractor saw... if a brake misfires, has SS actually refunded the price of a new brake? What about the blade?

Thx

Andy

Andy, SawStop will replace the brake if it was triggered by human flesh. They do not replace the blade. Many have had the blades repaired. In most cases no more that two teeth in the blade are damaged.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

When I signed up, they wanted me to agree to 10 hours a week, now it's just "use it frequently." I wonder if they're having a hard time getting people to sign up. As the economy tanks, expensive hobbies like WW'ing have got to take a hit...

My saw shows up next week...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Pierce View Post
    When I signed up, they wanted me to agree to 10 hours a week, now it's just "use it frequently." I wonder if they're having a hard time getting people to sign up. As the economy tanks, expensive hobbies like WW'ing have got to take a hit...

My saw shows up next week...
    Hi Rob, that could be, however I wouldn't be able to commit to using my saw 10 hours per week, I doubt if I use it 10 hours per month, and I have a lot of shop time.

(10 hours is a lot of saw time, for fun put a cheap stop watch on your saw fence and run it when you run the saw motor).

So even if I were interested I wouldn't have agreed to the time usage, however now that there's no specific number I could agree to it.

Nice promotion, looks like a nice machine, and the secondary safety system is great.

Regards, Rod.

I took that to mean 10 hours "using" it, not running it. Setting up cuts, making adjustments, changing blades, etc. More like 10 hours of shop time. I don't think they're expecting a home/hobby shop to have a blade running 10 hours a week.