Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great to be back in the States

Great to be back in the States

Well, I'm finally back in the States and boy is it nice to be back. Of course, it would be better if I were home with my family (who are still up in Boston).

In the mean time, no rest for the wicked. I'm off tomorrow for a three day trip up to Great Lakes (my command is sponsoring a recruit division) and then mid April I'm down to Ft Lauderdale for three weeks as my Sailors will be providing security for Fleet Week. Hopefully after that I'll get some time off to head up to Boston and see the family.

I'd like to thank everyone for their well wishes while I was deployed and ask that all keep our service members still over there in your hearts and prayers (especially since I'll be right back over there in nine months!!!).

Be well,

Doc

Welcome home and thank you for your sacrifice and service.

Don - Welcome Back! Not sure exactly where in the Great lakes you will be - but should you make it to the south shore of Lake Superior - my door is always open!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I will be my turn to "stand the watch" again soon enough!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Welcome back home Don..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Good to have you back, Don. Sounds like you will be a busy man. Hope you find time to be with the loved ones some how. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Welcome back Doc!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Welcome home! It's great to come back, isn't it.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Thank YOU !

And welcome home.
    Last edited by Gene Howe; 03-18-2009 at 8:09 PM.
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

Welcome back!! (I'll save the 'welcome home' for when you get back up to Beantown).
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Welcome home Doc........

Glad to have you back Doc. You know you always have a welcome up here in NH should you get a need for a woodworking fix and time allows. Stay safe.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Welcome home Doc!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Welcome home Don. Hope you get all the time with your family you want. But more important you get to go in the shop and make them all presants.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Abele View Post
    In the mean time, no rest for the wicked. I'm off tomorrow for a three day trip up to Great Lakes (my command is sponsoring a recruit division) and then mid April I'm down to Ft Lauderdale for three weeks as my Sailors will be providing security for Fleet Week.
    Doc
    It's good to have you back Doc. It's even better to have you back safe and sound.

Ft. Lauderdale in April, truly no rest for the wicked!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra