Thread: overhead guards

Talking overhead guards

Penn state is having a sale on there table saw overhead guard with dust pick up. It is 149.95 Mike

Mike

Thanks for the heads up. I just went to their web site and the overarm guard w/dust collection is still listed at $199.99. Is this item going on sale in the near future and you got the inside track?
    "The idea that "violence doesn't solve anything" is a historically untrue and immoral doctrine. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. People that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

Mike,
    They have kinda hidden it - click on the "email" in the upper right hand corner of the home page. Then the summer super sale - it is the third item down.

Wes

http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant...Category_Code=

this might work

ordered one this morning.
    Last edited by Mike Evertsen; 07-20-2004 at 8:13 AM.
    Mike

Duh, sometimes I confuse even myself - the link works much better, thanks Mike E.

Wes

Thanks guys. I found it and got it on order. Even used the DVD10 coupon code PSI sent me a while back and got another $10 off. I have been needing an overarm blade guard but did not really want to spend the $$$ for the excalibur. I think this one will work out nicely as it will mount to the ceiling, since I have a table extension with router lift on my JTAS 10XL.
    "The idea that "violence doesn't solve anything" is a historically untrue and immoral doctrine. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. People that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

I was planning on making my own guard welded from tubular steel. At this price this seems a great deal. Is there anyone out there that can testify for the PSI? Is it worth it? Any draw backs/short comings?

Thanks,

Doc.....take a look at this thread from the archives

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ghlight=guards

Thanks Larry - that was just what I was looking for.

Mike S. and Mike L.,

Thanks for the heads-up on the sale and reminding me about the coupon. I have been meaning to build one as well, but hadn't purchased the materials yet. For the price - I'll let them build it. The only downside is they charge sales tax to us here in PA - oh well. The guard looks like the units I'm used to at my old place of employment. If it works as well as they did, I'll be a happy (and safer) camper.

Thanks again, Wes