Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old MOAK

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Johnson View Post
    Dwain- the machine sits 96-3/4" tall, so you'll have to build a bigger shop to go with your "dream machine" inventory!
    That would fit in most garages just fine! Might have to pull the top wheel off to get it into the door though. (Oh, and if you use a forklift to get it into the garage, watch the mast so that you do not hit the eave on the house. Yes, I found that out first hand.) Add a good fence, Driftmaster maybe, and you have a sweet saw for far cheaper than the new ones. If you really want to cut miters with it, rig up some sort of sliding jig that mates to the fence.

I paid over 2500 for my moak super 36" saw about 5 years ago. it was a late model, single owner saw with the super slow speed motor which are very hard to find.
    lou

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    That would fit in most garages just fine! Might have to pull the top wheel off to get it into the door though. (Oh, and if you use a forklift to get it into the garage, watch the mast so that you do not hit the eave on the house. Yes, I found that out first hand.) Add a good fence, Driftmaster maybe, and you have a sweet saw for far cheaper than the new ones. If you really want to cut miters with it, rig up some sort of sliding jig that mates to the fence.
    Do also keep in mind that is a 5hp 3phase so you will most likely need a rotary phase converter or a static converter. VFD's are scarce for that much horsepower and very expensive. Still it would be a hell of a saw if you could find the room for it.

A little late but, I paid $400 for an older 36" Moak last summer down here in the Cities. It needs a bit of work but the wheels spin free and smooth.

Dan