Thread: Fleece

Fleece

Hi Everyone..

Anyone "engraved" fleece yet??? I need a quick turnaround for a lady at church and don't have time today or tomorrow to go down the trial and error road....

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Retired Navy SHCS (SW/AW)
    Universal Versalaser VLS 3.50 30W / Corel X4
    God Bless

I haven't done it but I have seen pictures and it looks just fine. I would ease into the settings as I haven't any idea what they are.

Here's a place that does it.

printablepromotions.com
    Last edited by Mike Null; 03-10-2009 at 6:20 AM. Reason: add'l info
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I did a few fleece things for fun.....it's pretty similar to microfiber.....so check out the microfiber pillow project on Epilog's sample club.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

we have done it and it looks great. Get some practice material first because settings are very important. If you go too deep you will cut right through.
    Doug

Equipment: Universal 35W Laser, Roland Vinyl cutter, Roland SC-540 54" Solvent Print / Cut, HP L25500 60" Latex Printer,
    Seal 6500 Dual Heat 60" Laminator, Kodak 9810 8x10 Dye Sub, Kodak 6850 6x8 Dye sub, Nisca Color Plastic Card Printer,
    16x20 automatic Heat Press

For an Epilog 45 watt the microfibre material was engraved
    Raster Speed: 100%
    Raster Power: 20%
    I would suggest that you try it at that first. Ususally there are pockets in a fleece, turn it inside out and engrave that, might save you an awful lot of time, worst that might happen if you do this is that you will be 'out of pocket'
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

I too have done fleece, it comes out great but experiment with a sample from the fabric store first to get the settings right.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Thanks everyone... at least I know it's been done before... hate trying to engrave something only to discover it can't be done.

Kevin
    Retired Navy SHCS (SW/AW)
    Universal Versalaser VLS 3.50 30W / Corel X4
    God Bless

I just found this thread, I just did some testing on fleece, I two different types of fleece. The first one my settings for a 50 watt laser were:

power: 5
    speed: 28
    ppi: 300
    dpi: 6(max)

BUT it was too much for the other fleece, so it definitely needs testing on each type of fabric!
    ULS V-Class 50 Watt, Corel x3, AutoCAD LT '02, NEWBIE!

Do those of you with experience recommend wetting the material first?

I've also lasered fleece and it works real good - I do not wet it

Here is a sample of the outline on different fabrics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Who wants to hear the bells must pull the rope
    Wer die Glocken hören will muss am Seil ziehen