Thread: A sincere Thank You

A sincere Thank You

I want to sincerely thank Jim Becker and John Miliunas, as well as the countless unnamed others for consistently and continually referring members to the SawmillCreek Woodworking forums.

SawmillCreek continues to benefit from all of the vast experience and knowledge of our member base. Our strongest asset is the community that we're building--much more than a repository for woodworking information. When you pan around SawmillCreek and see so many examples of genuine concern about other members--worrying about surgery, loss of loved ones, businesses to watch out for, bad products, good buys, news announcements, and even (one of our most popular threads) beloved shop pets--it really shows that we are much more than a group of woodworkers, but indeed a woodworking community.

So, hats off to all of our diplomats!
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Thumbs up Right On, Aaron

This is a really neat group of people we has assembled here. I feel it an honor to be able to participate with such a fine group.

I will make one suggestion however, it would be nice if everyone would at least give their state on the location line. It sometimes helps a person to determine if they can give an accurate answer to a question, in particular when the question is about stores or lumber mills. Just a thought.
    Best Regards, Ken

While the location field isn't a requirement, those who choose not to report their location represent just under 20% of our membership.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

I 2nd that,Aaron!

Also kudos to you,Keith & Ken, for ALL you do for the SawMill creek community!
    Thank You!!!

John
    NOTHING beats a failure,but a try.
    -------------------------------------------
    Have a Blessed Day,

JMC

Red face Oh MY!!!

Yikes! And exactly how many different shades of RED can this Cheesehead possibly turn???!!! Me thinks that, "...the countless unnamed others..." is where the REAL thanks belongs! It's usually the "unsung hero's" who win the "war" or, in this case, bring as much value to SMC as it currently has to offer! I have honestly gone away from here with much more than I can ever bring back, but I keep trying. Many have found SMC by way of a "Google" or "Yahoo" search, or a simple reference from another forum or yes, by a direct referral. Regardless of *how* they found us, they have stayed, not because of me, or Jim or *any* single member, but because of the cumulative community! And what a community it IS! Doctors, engineers, scientists, computer geeks, white collar, blue collar and wow...Even honest-to-goodness woodworkers and carpenters! We ALL have Keith and Aaron and all the moderators to thank for that! Only a REAL community could pull off a project like FPP and only a REAL community could make this the single BEST WW forum on the Net! With that, I will humbly accept your "Thanks", but in return, would like to give MY "THANKS" to each and every member here at SMC for making this place the very special place it is!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John and Jim are great guys and the spirit of this community is overwelming! There is knowledge, joy , laughter, sharring, tears, it goes way beyond woodworking and brings for the best spirit of friendship and life. I appreciate all of you and the passion we share. Aaron , thanks for reminding us ....its worth thinking about , often
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Thank you, Aaron, but I'll echo John's comments. Any of us individually can easily suggest that someone stop by and check out SMC, but it's the collective community that keeps them here. And your great programing, too!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    John and Jim are great guys and the spirit of this community is overwelming! There is knowledge, joy , laughter, sharring, tears, it goes way beyond woodworking and brings for the best spirit of friendship and life. I appreciate all of you and the passion we share. Aaron , thanks for reminding us ....its worth thinking about , often
    Well said Mark...
    Waymon...
    ...My heroes are not athletes, entertainers or politicians;
    ALL my heroes wear US Armed Forces uniforms...

I just want to say a few things today, as you can see my name is Wayne Swindlehurst and I am from Michigan. I don't post a lot but I do want say that I have learned so much from this group of fine people and I apreciate every bit of it. Out of all of the groups that I belong to or have belonged to, this is one of the very best groups of people that I've come across. If someone asked me what one thing stands out in your mind when it comes to Saw Mill Creek, it would be that this is one of the most civil groups of individuals that I've come across on the internet. I don't think that I have come across even a single post that was mean spirited or written by someone trying to put down or be-little another person in the group. I think that many here will agree that this is something very unusual in this day and age and I am always happy to say that I am a member of the Saw Mill Creek Group.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the people who donate their time to make this site available to us and for making this a great place to visit, spend time and even learn a thing or two.

Wayne I. Swindlehurst