Thread: Can you do all the way around a glass? Yes, but....

Can you do all the way around a glass? Yes, but....

Well, had a friend ask if I could do it - and I said the laser could do it, but could I tell the laser how to do it was the question.

It wasn't as much of a hassle as I thought it would be, but I didn't like it and here's why. Although it looks good all the way around, when you look through the words to see the information, the etching on the back of the glass interferes with the front... So I cut back on the image so that it doesn't go more than half way around...

So, for anyone interested or asked in the future, the answer is yes, but it's going to look awkward.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

All the way around just gives more reason to "fill 'er up"
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Doug,

I guess that would be considered from Bottom to the Top....
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

Yup!! Nobody likes to look at a empty glass
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Nice job Steve. Looks like you've mastered the rotary attachment.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks Mike - I learned another lesson with this glass yesterday... The bride walked in to get something for her husband's best man and groomsmen...

GUESS what she saw and loved.... *@&!.... Now Amanda (customer) is ticked off at me... I thought of offering her the etching free because she's a good friend and I had no intentions of that happening... Darned small town.... She didn't see her glasses - I had them put away in box already - she saw the goofed one sitting over behind my counter and recognized the pattern from her invitation.

I just worry if I make amends by not charging her, the word will get out to sneak in and see your gift and you get the etching free....
    Steve Beckham

I use many glasses that I have etched for weddings as items on my website, but I try to make sure I don't display one 'before' the wedding date just to be on the safe side..ha..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it