Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acrylic cutting of circles with raster combined

Unhappy Acrylic cutting of circles with raster combined

Hello everyone,
    I must be having a blonde moment. After several failed attempts, here is my problem. I am trying to make something for my daughter. Bubbles, simple bubbles out of 1/8" clear acrylic. Where they overlayed each other it also cut it versus raster engraving. Please help. You know how when you over think something you get that mental block? I am there! How do I combine a bunch of circles with just the outline being cut, but the inside raster engraved. Help!!
    Thanks guys.
    Syl
    Attached Files Attached Files

cutting

Sylvia
    you could do it one of two ways depending on your machine
    you could raster first and then cut you circles second
    two different programs
    or if your machine will do it set your outline to a different color
    and have it run that pass second and raster first.
    ken
    Epilog Laser, CNC equipment, Corel X3 & 4, Aspire

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia Feller-Dow View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I must be having a blonde moment. After several failed attempts, here is my problem. I am trying to make something for my daughter. Bubbles, simple bubbles out of 1/8" clear acrylic. Where they overlayed each other it also cut it versus raster engraving. Please help. You know how when you over think something you get that mental block? I am there! How do I combine a bunch of circles with just the outline being cut, but the inside raster engraved. Help!!
    Thanks guys.
    Syl
    Is this what you want?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Thanks so much. I was hoping to do it in one shot so the dual file sounds best. Can you tell me if there are any good instruction sites regarding the coloring of the hairlines. I have honestly never had to use it. My specialty is in pictures not so much vector cutting, never mind over lapping onces.
    Thanks
    Syl

Syl,

Do you have Corel Draw? There are some great tips on www.coreltips.com

If you put in your signature what machines and software you have...someone with the same products will chime in with a fix for ya.

P
    Phil
    Red Earth D'Signs

Corel 13, Photoshop CS2, Photograv
    Universal Laser v 460 55w
    Epson 4800 Sub-Lim
    Dyna CNC Plasma/Router Table
    Summa Plotters
    2 Crazy CBR pups that rule the shop!

Yes, I love Corel.
    It is the main program I use for the laser.
    Syl

Steve, the attachment is not working for me. Can you send it full size, not as a zip?
    Thanks so much
    Syl

Sure, just PM with your e-mail address. Is it what you needed? If you put the two of them on top of each other, you should be able to raster and vector in one shot. Also, after you saved it, did you unzip it?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Yes, but it showed up as a black square.
    dragonflylaser@msn.com
    Thanks so much. I wonder if my zip program is out dated.
    Syl

Which version of Corel is it saved in? X4?

Steve,

I tried to file and it did not load into X3, so is this X4? . Sylvia may have a different version of Corel.

Harlan

I have Corel 11

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia Feller-Dow View Post
    Where they overlayed each other it also cut it versus raster engraving.
    Hi Sylvia,

Unless I misunderstand the problem.

Open the Properties Docker (Windows / Dockers) and select the stuff you want to raster then set the line width to 1.0pt or greater. The Hairline and 0.5pt will always vector but 1.0pt and up will raster.

That should raster first then cut after all the rastering is done.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

No, you have the jest of it but due to the circles over lapping it cuts it all the way through after rastering. I am trying to figure a way where I can combine cutting and rastering in one shot which should be possible, but how? by creating an outline on top to the image or is there a trick to it?
    Still puzzled due to not being able to open the file that was sent to me. Another question, I use Corel draw 11, never really had an issue but is the corel x4 better and if so in what way?
    Syl

My bad......I always forget that not everyone has x4.....I re-sent it to her in v10.

Syl,

Here is your outline in red. Just add your red circle for the hoop.

Phil

Woops! I didn't get the inside lines saved to the file...but Steve got it done before me!
    Last edited by Phil Salvati; 03-02-2009 at 11:20 AM.
    Phil
    Red Earth D'Signs

Corel 13, Photoshop CS2, Photograv
    Universal Laser v 460 55w
    Epson 4800 Sub-Lim
    Dyna CNC Plasma/Router Table
    Summa Plotters
    2 Crazy CBR pups that rule the shop!