Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bottle Stoppers

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Halter View Post
    Scott,
    Thanks. My camera does have an exposure control. It also has an "Evaluative" setting, but I need to dig out the book to see exactly what that does. The background I was using is a gray flannel paper. Should I use white instead?

Dave
    Oh! I thought you were using white paper, and getting gray results. With that in mind, many of the shots are perfectly exposed. The shot with the stopper in the bottle could use a tad more light from the front, but most of them are pretty darn nice. I still might give them a 1/3 to 2/3 stop exposure bump, but only on the darker ones.

Lewistown, Montana on the banks of Big Spring Creek.
    Dave,

What kind of adhesive did you use for the medallions? Any advice on preparing the recess and/or the insert? I just bought some vintage buttons which should look great but I was wondering if I should use epoxy or what.
    Your stoppers look great. Thanks for sharing.

Randy

These are really nice. I too would be interested in where the medallions are acquired.

Randy,
    I used epoxy on these, but I've used thick CA on some others. As far as the recess I turn a shallow cup in the top and then put a small shoulder for the insert to sit on. I read to do that somewhere. That way if there's any wood movement it will be less likely to pop the insert out. I don't know if it's really necessary considering the size of the wood piece, but it can't hurt.

Dave