Thread: Getting closer to Dust Collection decision

Getting closer to Dust Collection decision

After much reading on this site and Woodnet I have decided to go with a Cyclone even if it means waiting a few months to obtain it. My choices are the Griz 0440 which is the cheapest with the free shipping, the Onieda V-3000 which is the quietest and probably the easiest to install, and the Clearview 1800 which seems to have a flawless following. Any opinions? Also, how strong is the MDF bracket on the clearview? Thanks in advance for your input, Alvin

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin VanBumble View Post
    After much reading on this site and Woodnet I have decided to go with a Cyclone even if it means waiting a few months to obtain it. My choices are the Griz 0440 which is the cheapest with the free shipping, the Onieda V-3000 which is the quietest and probably the easiest to install, and the Clearview 1800 which seems to have a flawless following. Any opinions? Also, how strong is the MDF bracket on the clearview? Thanks in advance for your input, Alvin
    Build your own. It's fun.

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    I have an 1800, but I didn't use their bracket to hang it .. did my own custom install .. you can see pics of it on their site in the albums. I will get some updated pics posted there, now that it's almost complete.

It is very effective, and it is very loud !! Not too much you can do about that other than to mount it remotely. I put mine in the attic, and ran everything through the ceiling. Looks better, and is about 80% more quiet. I used some rubber anti-vibration mounts to dampen vibes, but I'm really not too sure it was worth it. If you go with a custom mount, and want to try the dampers, I think I have a bunch left over.

You will NOT find any better customer care/service from ANY vendor, regardless of their product. I've left e-mails on Sunday evening, hoping to get a response the next day, and found my incoming e-mail in a matter of minutes !! I have talked with Ed on a few occasions, and he has been most helpful and willing to take time to discuss things. If everyone called him to discuss their machines, I don't know how he ever gets anything done.

Obviously, I can't say enough good about Clearvue, their product, and especially their owner(s). You won't be disappointed. Their system is, to some extent, a "kit", as you have to do some assembly and fabrication of mounts, etc, but I think it was a big plus in my case, 'cause it got me to thinking about options, and that's what led to my highly customized system. I was able to score 6 big TORIT filters, and made my filter box accordingly .. .. if I bought one of the competitors systems, I would have been restricted to using their components, unless I REALLY wanted to start some serious fabrication/modification. Whether you install the Clearvue absolutely according to the instructions (which you can d'load and preview), or whether you get a little adventuresome, and customize the install, it is not out of reach for the average "tinkerer" to get one fabulous system up & running in a reasonably short time.

<<<__ Bøb __>>>

I have the 1800 Clearvue. I mounted a couple of angle irons on the front and back edge of the mdf motor mounting bracket. I do not think it is neccessary, though. There are a lot of installations out there that are stock and work just fine, but it will sag. I knew that wouldn't work for me so I re-enforced it.

The Clearvue will take longer to install because it is a kit. Also, because it is a kit there is more bang for the buck, IMHO. The kit allows you to customize its appearance, and that is kind of cool, too.

I have the Griz... very happy with it.

Even happier 'cause I got it before the prices went up...

I have the G0440 and love it. I think it's a high quality machine that can't be beat at it's price point.

I have the V-3000. Its pretty easy to put together & works well.
    The big key to dust collection is how you are set up at the point
    of entry. If you are not set up well at the tool the best unit in the
    world won't help.Thats where I really had a hard time. I've got
    my table saw and Jointer/planer set up great. Band saw,miter saw
    and drill press.....not so good It's a work in progress.