Thread: Planer/Miter Saw Station

Planer/Miter Saw Station

All

I've been wondering about building a miter saw station... something kinda like this (found this online somewhere):

download.jpg

Then I got to thinking that it would be nice to use the same station for my lunchbox planer. I was thinking I might be able to use one of those flip stands for the support. Thing is I'm kinda worried that I wouldnt be able to keep the infeed/outfeed supports level /stable enough to the planer support table.

Has anyone else done something similar? If so, can y'all post pictures?

Thanks!

Andy

Height Adjustable Miter Saw Stand

Andy,

Not quite what you wanted, but I saw a posting by "Lumberyard" over on Woodnet entitled Miter Saw Stand on Steroids. It's dated 10/21/08 and has some pictures.

I had thought of doing something similar making the tool portion of the table height adjustable using T-track installed vertically on the inside cabinet sides. Once I had the table set for each tool, I could cut a set of 1 X 2 's to wedge under each corner of the adjustable table. The next time I needed to set up the table for that tool, I could reuse the 1 X 2 s to "remember" the right height setting.

Mike

Andy, use a flip stand on straight casters that allow for it to roll fore and aft only. You will need this to get clearance from the wall for flip to work. The pivoting mech. probably would have to be off set compared to the tops. The center point of the axis would have to be the same distance from both the bed of the planer, and the miter saw. The locking mech. from the plans in Woodsmith is the best I have found. I used their plans to build mine for a sander and a planer. Instead of a flip, you could use "slide out trays." Each machine would have it's own tray.